Enhanced Economy Installation issues

snuke12

I'm using wrye bash to install the Enhanced Economy mod but it doesn't appear anywhere in the Mods tab after I install it from the Installers tab. I made sure that "Has Extra Directories" is checked off, as directed by the readme. But I don't see anything in the Mods tab.

Is there more required to fully install it than just putting the zip file in the '/bash installers' folder and then installing it from the wrye bash installers tab? Do I need to "unpack" anything (I'm not quite sure about that aspect of WB)?

Just so confused as to why its not showing up in the mods tab after installation. And I know its not working in the game because as soon as I get out of the sewers and to a merchant, their money total never changes when I sell something.....

Right after I posted that question I noticed those sub-categories and checked off the ones needed. That should probably work although I haven't had a chance to get in the game to test it yet. I'm hoping I don't need to start a new game and go through the tutorial again to make it work. With all this mod testing I've done that more times than I can count already.

You were right on the money again, zdswulyx. Thanks for the confirmation.

Here's another tip ... make a save right before you exit the tutorial dungeon (where you can see the sewer exit in the distance but before you get the character finalization menus). Exit the sewers and make another save (not overwriting the first ... and never use quicksave, it's a known corrupter of save games).

The before the sewer exit save will come in handy when/if you decide to start a new character but don't want to redo the tutorial. The outside the sewer exit save is for testing mods, and can be used to continue your character after you finish getting your base mods installed.

A good habit to get into is never overwriting saves. It gives you a fall back position when you wind up with a save that gets all bunched up and won't load anymore (simply revert to your newest good save). Either delete old saves or archive them in another folder when your save folder starts getting full (100 or more, mine will sometimes get 400 or 500 saves before it gets archived).

Here's another tip ... make a save right before you exit the tutorial dungeon (where you can see the sewer exit in the distance but before you get the character finalization menus). Exit the sewers and make another save (not overwriting the first ... and never use quicksave, it's a known corrupter of save games).

The before the sewer exit save will come in handy when/if you decide to start a new character but don't want to redo the tutorial. The outside the sewer exit save is for testing mods, and can be used to continue your character after you finish getting your base mods installed.

That's funny because I have been making sure to save right before the sewer exit so that I can simply go back and change my character from there if I want to start a new one. I just wasn't sure if it was still OK to load that save if I changed mods in wrye bash.

When you say the "outside the sewer save is for testing mods", what exactly do you mean? If I try a new mod, I should load the outside the sewer save to see if it works?

Yup ... the inside the sewer exit save should be free of all mods except those you would "never play without". My own has only OBSE installed along with Blockhead and OCO v2. Any new character I create from that save can use a completely different load order than my current character without using any tricks to "clean" the save.

Your outside the sewer save is the one you use to test mods (often my testing sessions are long enough that I will make further saves, and those saves will then become dependant on the current load order while I build my base load order). Once you get your load order to your liking you can either continue your character from one of those subsequent saves or use the outside the sewer save and delete/archive your testing saves ... all depends on what stuff you did while testing, and whether or not you want that in your save line.