The Elder Scrolls: Tamriel

omnimuffin

89 members have voted

1. 1. Worth following up on?

• Yes
    • No

Hmm......

Someone said that when a new game comes out that a mod would be for naught? Really? Sure, the new game would pull people over but if you actually liked the expansion mod you'd go back to feel or refeel the vibe, if briefly. I understand that you would be caught up in newer adventures but you'd probably stumble across a YouTube video and go back to re-live you nostalgic moments before the new game came out, probably getting caught up there. Seeing as how Elder Scrolls is single-player there shouldn't be any worries about mods being under-populated like multiplayer mods. You just go back when you need to even if someone's work is "outdated". People can still go back and see what's up or how people lived back then and compare things to the newer game.

Maybe there are those that only have one copy and still can't get newer ones so they keep replaying the older ones.Yes, there are people like that......Maybe there was a steam sale for older games, or someone simply saw some updates? Who knows.

I don't know how detailed those past projects were, but if they were actually of high quality then I'm pretty sure you would go back to those added regions. Maybe not as many would go back, though it would still be interesting to "re-visit" every now and again. W

But I'll agree with the mod added by "holds" or cities and then combined in a main mod when newer cities or holds are ready. Wish you guys the best of luck if you decide to mod the whole region in. Maybe future proof it as well somehow?

Pardon my ignorance, joined up with Skyrim and semi-followed Oblivion from friends. Friend also tried to get me to play Morrowind back in the day.

Edited by Eurosubstance

This was attempted once. It involved thousands of hours of work over a period of years back in the days of Morrowind. For the most part, the world was built, and thousands of characters populated to fill it, but it lacked virturally anything in the way of quest lines and dialogue. Again, i say 'for the most part'. It wasn't completely done.

Then Oblivion came out, and everything was for naught.

My point is, the sheer amount of time this type of thing takes means that, before its finished, we have a new game, new graphics, and new world to contend with. Its really not worth the effort.

Yes it's an project with an to huge scale, much better to focus on an smaller area, let you go into part of mainland Morrowind or Hammerfell who would be easier as north Hammerfell would be very Skyrim like.

And yes I guess we will see DLC into the borderland, not sure why they even are on the same map except for far view as they will be loaded as separate zones because of consoles.

We will be keeping all models, concepts, textures, and other assets backed up, and we will be moving this into the next game when it is released, so all our work will not be for "naught" as soon as the new game comes out. We are currently working on a proof of concept mod, as we have stated here : http://nirn.wikidot.com/proof-of-concept

It will include both Bruma and Cloud Ruler Temple.

Here are our forums: http://travel-to-cyrodiil.forumotion.co.uk/forum

• 1 year later...

i would recommend a disaster occuring in other regions of tamriel, as in earthquakes, meteors? invading armies who have left waste to cities (would have good quests linking to this scenario), mehrune dagon returns (more possible quests, although too much relation to oblivion, i do not recommend this as much), stormcloaks retreat to morrowind/cyrodiil etc.

this would decrease the amount of work, and help get more quests into the game, it would indeed have less cities, but, with enough effort put into the quests and the story instead of some cities/towns, you would have a better opportunity to make the scenarios that i have jotted down for you better and link to the story line of the mod.

Hope this helps

This is a fantastic idea! I do believe Stormcrown is right though. As soon as another Elder Scrolls game came out the project would likely be abandoned :( Even when the next Fallout comes out I think a lot of modders and players will drop Skyrim. IF this were to happen though, I would help in any way I can. I have very limited experience in modding, I've only made a few of my own followers and that's it but I have been told I have a knack for dreaming up characters so I could write some pretty intersting NPC's into the world. I also do voices very well and could contribute some voice acting. I'd even do some menial tasks lol anything you need. This sounds like an amazing idea and it would change the face of modding forever!

i would recommend a disaster occuring in other regions of tamriel, as in earthquakes, meteors? invading armies who have left waste to cities (would have good quests linking to this scenario), mehrune dagon returns (more possible quests, although too much relation to oblivion, i do not recommend this as much), stormcloaks retreat to morrowind/cyrodiil etc.

this would decrease the amount of work, and help get more quests into the game, it would indeed have less cities, but, with enough effort put into the quests and the story instead of some cities/towns, you would have a better opportunity to make the scenarios that i have jotted down for you better and link to the story line of the mod.

Hope this helps

Mahrunes dagon can never come back. Never. Like, never ever. Because whats his name from oblivion, martin or whatever used the power of akatosh to seal him in his realm, he can never travel between oblivion and nirn as long as Akatosh is alive, and Akatosh is the god of time so if he dies Mahrunes Dagons is the least of everyone's worries.

Not that that it matters, just thought I'd share that with everyone. XD

You guys are aware of that this thread was over a year old without any activity, right? Reviving dead threads for nothing?