The Elder Scrolls: Tamriel

omnimuffin

89 members have voted

1. 1. Worth following up on?

• Yes
    • No

I was actually thinking this too when i found out about the land included.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the tights to use the creation kit from oblivion, and take the meshes from the and improve them to skyrim's art style...seems like it would work to me

but i don't know whether it's legal.

This was attempted once. It involved thousands of hours of work over a period of years back in the days of Morrowind. For the most part, the world was built, and thousands of characters populated to fill it, but it lacked virturally anything in the way of quest lines and dialogue. Again, i say 'for the most part'. It wasn't completely done.

Then Oblivion came out, and everything was for naught.

My point is, the sheer amount of time this type of thing takes means that, before its finished, we have a new game, new graphics, and new world to contend with. Its really not worth the effort.

skyrim took nearly 6 years to be released...so instead of making one whole mod, i think it would be better to slowly make the mods with town and lands then trying to make one whole thing...and then it might be possible because you have years....and i think Bethesda are going to be riding the skyrim dlc train for a while...i know i would...the game was a huge hit.

it's reported on forbes that it's a 600% increase in sales from oblivion.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2011/11/15/the-elder-scrolls-skyrim-sells-3-4m-in-two-days/

Edited by bdf1992

My point is, the sheer amount of time this type of thing takes means that, before its finished, we have a new game, new graphics, and new world to contend with. Its really not worth the effort.

This was my thought too. Something like this would only really be worth attempting if Bethesda came out and said there was never going to be another Elder Scrolls game.

I'm sort of hopeful that some day down the line Bethesda might actually attempt to make a game including all of Tamriel. (just like the first game) There isn't a word to describe how amazing that game would be.

I'd say just work on one province, perhaps hammerfell or high rock? You know the specific areas within the provinces, just a matter of fleshing it out (perhaps a more focussed remake of TES 2 in a sense). Imagine the Unique Landscape Mods in oblivion, all connected into making a new province :)

for example http://www.imperial-library.info/content/major-realms-iliac-bay lists pretty much the specific counties within the provinces as a base to work off.

I would say hammerfell or high rock would be more attractive for modders, as there are a variety of landscapes (fields, coasts, mountains, islands) to imagine along with a stretch of sea.

i counted around 43 counties on the TES2 map in that link. Imagine fleshing out all 42 counties, each being the size of Skyrim. Now that might just end up being as large as the original :D

Edited by altanas

all of tamriel would take a very very long time even with 100 people working on it, even the "tamriel rebuilt" mod for morrowind is still WIP and that is just for morrowind mainland, a mod like this would not be ready at a playable level until TES VII or VIII, it would be awsome but i dont see it happening unless you can get a team of a couple hundred who will stick it to the end.

After gathering all lore possible regarding the other regions of Tamriel's current state, creating our own for what we don't have, and designing at least important characters and such to fit that lore, focus would be entirely on the landscape and cities- landscape first, then the cities. Of course, making the landscapes wouldn't be too hard, given the info provided in the above link. Then the world would be populated, and then, and only then, would quests and such be created for the regions.

To make this mod worth while, I think you should take a little part of any province and do what you said with that part. Including things to do in that region, dungeons and quests. Make that region releasable and worth playing, including some integration with things in Skyrim, to have reason to go there in the first place.

What the best scenario would be according to me, is other modders using this mod to do the things they want. I read a post about someone wanting to expend the "Guilds" in Skyrim. If Cyridiil would have a fighters guild (in the only yet created region), it could be used. Maybe, when you have completed the Companions questline and you're their "leader", you could negotiate with the fighters guild and expend the Companians into another province or something like that. It could make for some good quests, after completed the Companians questline.

Don't take to much on your plate at once, gradually increase your content. It's better to have something little worked out well and get great feedback to motivate you for the next part, then make something big at once that works only little and maybe lose motivation.

ok the landmasses that exist are for LOD purposes only and therefore the scaling is all wrong (like waaaay too small). Having said that, I am involved in the Travel to cyrodiil mod ( http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/472056-planned-travel-to-cyrodiil-mod/ ) we have a forum for discussing the mod in more detail as well ( http://travel-to-cyrodiil.forumotion.co.uk/ ). There is also something called the "Nirn project" which those of us at Travel to cyrodiil mod are also linked with. The Nirn project has the vision of trying to link various province mods together and providing a source for lore.

If you would like to get involved, either as part of the team or just give a few suggestions then pop along to our forum ( http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/472056-planned-travel-to-cyrodiil-mod/ )

Deam

EDIT: Most of the idea's in this thread have actually been discussed and we have had similar thoughts, which is why our plan is to release it in sections, slowly increasing in size.

Edited by deamonata

• 1 month later...

As awesome as it would be, think about it - Bethesda has spent, what, 4 years on Skyrim? Imagine the time needed to create the entire Tamriel. Bethesda is gonna have another TES out by the time someone is finished with just a couple provinces.

But imagine all the best modders on the nexus, working together to create the ultimate mod. Everyone does a little and in no time we have something gigantic. I mean we have enough people who know how to use the ck they can create and npcs and simple building interiors. But no quests no nothing just a massive radiant world as a base for modding, then we work together maybe a team for a large across tamriel quest then people can do their own sidequests.