[Planned] Travel to Cyrodiil Mod

Diabolickal

i don't mean to be a pain in the @$$ but

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8791

Sorry, but no. Even I could add a gatehouse, a map marker and some random statics. The 'mod' has not been updated since the 15th of february, which is probably when he realised that adding a "fully created tamriel" is a bit hard to do when you have no heightmap, no help, and best of all, no modding experience. At best, this is a ballsy claim with no work to show for it. Have you read the part where he says "Let's also add everything from the mod jam video, because hey, how hard could it be"?

Travel to Cyrodiil is a more realistic project, but people seem to prefer recommending some ridiculous fluff text with a crappy download attached that gets everyone's hopes up. What if I make a static ship, say "this ship will eventually sail all over nirn" and upload the mod to nexus under the name "Nirn Fully Created"? Will I be famous too?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this happens do not worry about NPCs, Quests, and Dungeon Interiors until the world-space is done. And then when NPCs are made and quests are being written, don't write a "main quest line" that is getting rid of the Thalmor; it is just such an open topic at this point. Do something along the lines of retrieving rare artifacts for the Synod or solving a mystery about a necromancer held up in the Night Mother's old crypt.

You are going to build these cities basically from scratch because of the scaling so they take up the same relative space as oblivion. And I will gladly write quests and script NPCs when you get to that stage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Travel to Cyrodiil is going to be moved to Dark Creations. The heightmap is nearly ready to begin work on.

If this happens do not worry about NPCs, Quests, and Dungeon Interiors until the world-space is done. And then when NPCs are made and quests are being written, don't write a "main quest line" that is getting rid of the Thalmor; it is just such an open topic at this point. Do something along the lines of retrieving rare artifacts for the Synod or solving a mystery about a necromancer held up in the Night Mother's old crypt.

You are going to build these cities basically from scratch because of the scaling so they take up the same relative space as oblivion. And I will gladly write quests and script NPCs when you get to that stage.

If you really are willing to contribute, make an account at Dark Creations once Travel to Cyrodiil gets a subforum and apply. Quests may not be relevant at such an early stage, but populating the world with NPCs can be.

Bethesda would take it down due to copyright. I highly bet that a DLC will bring you back to Cyrodil, thus they don't want anyone making something that may be better than a DLC.

Don't be ridiculous.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2igztj7.jpg

Within this new resource people with talents show and offer their services, this thread may be able to assist you locating talents that you seek.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zfrcja.jpg

The new thread is still rather new, the older resource list is outdated but many have created posts of their work and their services.

Click the images

How is this project going?

The latest news on the Darkcreations' Beyond Skyrim-pages are from 11th of January 2012, and the forum page it links to hasn't seen much action recently either. I hope it progresses well in the shadows, cause it sounds like an interesting yet very ambitious mod.