[Planned] Travel to Cyrodiil Mod

Diabolickal

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, this would certainly be interesting and (if done well) it would be better to have than not to have.

But, for the sake of efficiency.. it seems like it would be more productive to make all new areas and all new questlines. It wouldn't be exactly the same, but if we wanted those games, we can load them up and play them instead. All new questlines/areas would be more worth doing. Unless of course there was a lot of new stuff added to it. But those are just my ideas for the sake of efficiency. I still support such being done.

Good luck with this. One thing I will say though is if there are a bunch of people popping up saying they intend to recreate cyrodiil it would be incredibly worthwhile to contact them and attempt a team up....rather than just all working on separate versions. It's the sensible thing to do. There isn't much point in having more than one version of this mod when it's such a huge and detailed one.

Don't forget cyrodiil will be 200 years older too. :P (sorry if that was really obvious)

Perhaps you could implement small regions of cyrodiil into the game bit by bit. (and get that little part sorted) Sort of like a beta. Instead of attempting the whole region in one. Then each of these "mini cyrodiils" could be valid mods in their own right with worthwhile content added.

Edited by Sabrewulf238

IMO a morrowyrim (or skywind? lol) would be so much more epic cause the landscapes are severely different, and you wouldnt need to worry so much about accuracy because you could blame it on red mountain's explosion, which would also more creativity and freedom. I think it would be a more fresh per se oppose to the nostalgic feel of a skylivion (still would be great nevertheless), which get more followers/downloader/popularity.

chances are they will be tons of ppl wanting to do the same, probably get a team together to make things easier especially if you can get a person with past modding/texturing and model making experience.

sounds awesome, im looking forward to it and goodluck

IMO I think a detailed small area is better than a huge area that isn't detailed. Doing this solo or with only a few people will take extremely long. How do you even plan to do this?

As i said in my first post, I will do this grid style, I divide Cyrodiil into X amount of grids, and do each grid square one by one. And anyone who joins me can easily just nab a grid square as well. heck, if i can get 10 - 20 people willing to do 1 grid square, this wont take as long as people may think.

Well okey you can count me in! Can do interiors/exteriors and probably some quests! However here is what i think is the best plan, make grids and make people work on their own grid(as you said) After that you take all the grids and combine them. After that we start working on main quest, then side quests. When we got all the quest plans worked out we start implementing them in the game. Make the dungeons for it and stuff we need, then we can start making misc stuff like dungeons/camps/other nice stuff to explore.. you get the point. Thats what i think and for getting people you should look around the forums because i think i saw some other plans on making a Cyrodil mod.

Sounds like a lot of work, but if youre going to do it, it cant be the same.

in skyrim, 200 years have passed since oblivion, the world is different, the people are different, the empire is different

everything has changed

but overall, if you plan on slaving your life into this, it sounds pretty cool :)