1st Person Horse View and Combat

RemagDiv

• 2 weeks later...
Very much signed. Very, very much signed. First person riding, combat on horses, please make it so. Was so surprised by the switch when I got on my first horse, that I got straight off it and have sort of avoided them since. It's immersion snapping. And no combat on horses is also lame. Is it really that difficult like some people have mentioned, regarding new animations and such? It's pretty much the same 'combat graphics engine' or whatever the correct phrase is for what happens when you press 'R', but just at a slightly higher elevation. For riding, one would think it's just changing the zoom and elevation of the first-person FOV and for combat, just sort of keeping the 'combat engine' as it but maybe extending the 'damage reach' of hand to hand weapons so they damage characters near the horse (and perhaps when you hit at a character near the horse, the camera/FOV can just dip down slightly like you're leaning to hit) and magic and bows stay pretty much as is. Would really love this. Edited by spinblade

• 2 months later...

It would be cool. 1st-person thing could probably be done, combat from horses, however, would be very difficult, if not impossible. You should play Mount & Blade if you want horseback combat.

Why is that?, its not like in Skyrim your character was using any legs animations during combats, like kicks or anything...

So all you would have is your Char flaying his weapon/shooting arrows/magick while on horse..., where is the difference between do all of this on foot and on the horse?...nothing!, exactly!

But it would be usefull , when attacked by something while riding, because the time you dismount, you allready take a few hits, and if you cross path with something bigger then you..., you are almost dead and din't even retaliate!

So no go play Mounts & Blades comment please, if there is Mods for Sex, there can be mods for Mounted combat, wich is far more usefull and meaningfull.

But how do you look around and direct your attacks? If you move the mouse your horse turns so you could only attack forward and cut your horse's head right off.

Actually if I recall correctly, riding a horse in first person in oblivion was controlled by using WASD and moving the camera around didn't effect the horse.

Oh and it is possible to make a mod for horse combat cause not only is there one for oblivion, there's also a video showing some mods the beth devs made and one of them was mounted combat.

Edited by tehgonk

Skyrim really isn't suited for horse combat, if you think about it. You never see bandits riding on horses, there are never rival factions on horses, really, and most areas are far too narrow to have open mounted combat.

First person view, I can agree with though.

What Skyrim needs, and keep in mind I think the player should only be able to spectate, is jousting. Jarls and Housecarls and their knights suiting up and jumping astride a horse, and the player/populace gets to bet on the outcomes. That'd be great. Have random quests to recruit new contestants and stuff, too. Maybe even get a 'job' inside the arena taking care of the horses and stuff, like a super-squire. I'd so love that.

i agree with almost everything but a First-Person-only mod i wouldnt use, because i want to have choice.

i hope there will be released a First-Person-View mod soon and mounted combat and it´s possible ( watch the video from bethesda ) at least for bethesda employees.

Edited by snakemanger