Fallout 4 won't launch ?

ProfetenMagnus

Hey everyone.

So I just re-installed Fallout 4 and Nexus Mod Manager because it didnt work for me ( for whatever reasons)

So now I downloaded the old mods I was using, and just as I thought everything was fine, I realised that I can't launch the game through NMM

"Failed to launch 'Fallout4.exe'

The file was not found".

Can someone help as im desperate to play D:

I'm having the same problem, I started up NMM and then launch it and I got the same error "Failed to launch 'Fallout4.exe' The file was not found". I searched my pc and found fallout4.exe and I can launch it just fine, so I don't know what's wrong. Any help would be great and appreciated .

I'm having the same problem, I started up NMM and then launch it and I got the same error "Failed to launch 'Fallout4.exe' The file was not found". I searched my pc and found fallout4.exe and I can launch it just fine, so I don't know what's wrong. Any help would be great and appreciated .

in that case - is NMM pointing to the correct directory for FO4

Have you run the official launcher at least once? It might create a registry entry or something that NMM needs in order to find the game.

Also, have you checked the Fallout 4 tab of NMM's settings and checked it's got the right path in the Fallout 4 Directory box?

Did you reinstall Fallout 4 on a different drive or something?

Have you run the official launcher at least once? It might create a registry entry or something that NMM needs in order to find the game.

Also, have you checked the Fallout 4 tab of NMM's settings and checked it's got the right path in the Fallout 4 Directory box?

Did you reinstall Fallout 4 on a different drive or something?

I did reinstall fallout 4 on a different drive. I think that I know what the problem is. every time that I try correcting the directory, NMM changes it back to the old directory and I don't know why?

A new update was pushed through on Steam and since then Fallout 4 wiil NOT launch on Windows 7. Whether you try the official launcher, NMM launcher, fo4se launcher doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter whether you run in windowed mode or full screen. Whatever method used results in an infinite loop when the play button is pushed in the launch window.

A new update was pushed through on Steam and since then Fallout 4 wiil NOT launch on Windows 7. Whether you try the official launcher, NMM launcher, fo4se launcher doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter whether you run in windowed mode or full screen. Whatever method used results in an infinite loop when the play button is pushed in the launch window.

Exactly what update was that unless you are referring to the beta 1.7 update just released? If you are nor talking about that update then which update are you talking about?

Ouch. Official update 1.7 is working fine on Windows 10.