A mod for this?

CurtisD

Hey guys, I just recently got into the snowy areas of Skyrim and noticed this problem. There is a definite edge between the snowy trails and the snow itself. I have Skyrim HD mod installed as well as the Landscape Texture Pack that I thought may cause the problem then I checked my friends Xbox version and there is the same problem its just not as noticeable since I have Shaders. If I press the pause to revert them back to vanilla it doesn't seem as noticeable but it defeats the purpose of the shaders and makers the rest of the game not look as great.

I feel like I'm completely missing something as I'm sure this has been modded but I really can't seem to find anything and I figured it would have been fixed with the Landscape Texture Pack (I even have the newest version, 1.3).

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z381/CurtisD6/Skyrim/SkyrimSnow.png

Edited by CurtisD

My elementary diagnosis, having only messed around on Oblivion's Construction Set a little bit, is that the "path" terrain has the snow beneath it as well as the path itself, so the shading will always be there unless you were to edit that terrain's texture. So essentially, instead of placing a bunch of rocks over the snow, there's a bunch of snow and rocks placed over the snow. I guess it would probably be possible to edit without the CK, but I dunno. As I said, I'm not even sure my theory is right.

• 2 years later...

It's always like that. When creating landscape in the CK, there is snow and snowy paths. The paths include the snow, so you're bound to get something like that when combining it with the snow. It's part of the vanilla game, too.

There are ways to fix it, but it would require opening up the CK and using the landscape editor. Plus, it could conflict with a lot of mods that add things to the terrain or edit it.

You could install a mod like Skyrim Flora Overhaul in the hope that it would cover up some of that. Since it exists aside from just snowy paths, etc.