Porting Settlement Pieces to SketchUp Models

Koreno

I was wondering if anyone thinks this is even possible?

I have a friend that plays and loves to do settlement work. He shares his PC with his family and it gets monopolized by his kids at times and he would love to be able to grab his POS laptop and do some settlement design work in SketchUp. It would be oh so helpful if there was a way to convert all the settlement pieces into SketchUp models so he could easily layout settlements.

If there was a way to make a tool that could take NIF files and convert them to Sketchup Models, you could use it to make models for even the housing mods that have been made with custom pieces.

Get 3DMAX and figment's MAX plugin. Once installed, import the models into MAX and export in a format your friend can use.

Remember you need to make collision if you want those objects ingame, and this means you need MAX 2013, and various other steps.

Awesome thx...

I will look into getting 3DMAX and converting all the settlement pieces to 3ds files that can be imported into sketchup. Then he can use them to design and layout settlement on his laptop while his son is playing battlefield or something.