Setessential 0 Doesn't Make Everyone Mortal, With Exceptions

Adeno

I've been playing around with the setessential command and I found out that some people still can't die, like the Courier and the first Jarl that you meet. However, I also found out some strange things. Here's what I did.

Experiment 1:

1. Got out of Helgen with Hadvar and went to the first town with him.

2. I used "setessential (whatever Hadvar's baseid is) 0" so that Hadvar would become mortal. The console accepted this, no errors.

3. Hadvar started talking to his uncle, I decided to attack Hadvar but he didn't die, he just knelt down and continued to talk with his uncle.

I thought that Hadvar might be one of those guys who's immortal no matter what you do, just like the Courier. I tried another experiment.

Experiment 2:

1. I loaded up the game I saved just when we got out of the cave to escape Helgen.

2. I immediately used "setessential (whatever Hadvar's baseid is) 0" to make him mortal.

3. I used my dual swords to attack him from behind and I ended up killing him by stabbing through him (fatality move).

4. The quest about talk to his uncle failed.

5. I was still able to go to the first town and talk to his uncle and he simply asked about who I was. The story progressed and he gave me the mission to go to Whiterun.

It seems that the game was prepared for a scenario of Hadvar dying even before he reached the first town. The uncle was interrogating me about how I knew Hadvar, but he didn't ask what happened to him. The story just went on.

From what I've noticed, it seems that if certain characters are in the middle of performing a script, like Hadvar talking to his uncle, they'll still be invincible and just kneel if you try to kill them even after setting them to become mortal. In Hadvar's case, if you set him as a non-essential character before reaching town, you'll actually be able to kill him.

I really wonder how you can make everyone mortal. I really want to kill that courier and everyone else as an evil character out of prison :dance:

I've been playing around with the setessential command and I found out that some people still can't die, like the Courier and the first Jarl that you meet. However, I also found out some strange things. Here's what I did.

can you try and follow him to where he is when it's night and is't giving you something by teleporting to his ID,