Female Dragonborns?

Lehcar

I don't know what it is. Some dumb "heir club for men" rubbish.. Is it because most video game devs are men? In real life, the rates of males and females being born is equally 50/50, for obvious reasons, but it seems to me like the birth of daughters is a ludicrously, astronomically rare event in video games. Compared to the birth of sons, which are common as dirt. What is up with this?

TES seems to follow the exact same trend. Seriously, besides possibly the protagonist of this game, has there ever been any mention of a female Dragonborn? I've read through game books and lore extensively, and I don't remember any mention of any, ever - alll the other Dragonborns were men. Every one of Uriel Septims' four kids were boys. The mentioned children of all the past Emperors were all sons. The only female Emperor (Empress) that I recall has ever been mentioned is Alessia, but I don't believe she was "Dragonborn".

And, knowing this never ending trend, in future games no doubt they're going to make Skyrim's protagonist canonically male. Just as they seem to have done with Oblivion. Go figure.

Edited by Lehcar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its what you think of when you think of a male warrior, it more so aligns with the "Dragonborn" mentality and what the developers want you to think.

Quite honestly, it comes down to the fact that males ARE physically stronger and more so WARRIORS by nature than women.

And, the glorious part of The Elder Scrolls, is that the history is never complete. You don't know that there aren't any.

"Mentality"? What mentality? The protagonist has no mentality and may not even be a warrior at all, they could be a stealth fighter or a mage. Don't say the "men are stronger" fancy either, because it's nonsense, it's a video game and a woman can crack skulls open just as easily as any male (or like I said, she might be a rogue or a sorceress). Plus, the Septim emperors were Dragonborns supposedly, but they certainly didn't seem to be real warriors, rogues or mages of any kind.

But my question was, has there ever been mention of another female Dragonborn?

Edited by Lehcar

We'll, maybe YOU can be the first female dragonborn! Just a suggestion...

I mean, you could go down into history! Lehcar, first female dragonborn!

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

We'll, maybe YOU can be the first female dragonborn! Just a suggestion...

The Septim emperors ruled for what, 400 years? And not a single one of them ever had a daughter, ever?... :wacko:

...thats actually quite ironic

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

Take a look at the recorded history of the real world. Female offspring of royalty were rarely ever mentioned unless they married another royal. Then they are mentioned only in passing.

And how about it being the woman's fault if she was "barren". Most likely cause was the 'barren' man.

Women don't get a fair shake and never have. BUT... our time WILL come!