Starting to regret not putting more perks into Enchanting :(

isamu99

Problem I am having is I always run into humans and other bandits. Doing the Companion quest line ATM so its all Silver Hand assholes and you can't soul trap people with soul gems.

I'm aware of the black Star of Azura but that will only hold one soul at a time and recharging items doesn't raise skill it seems. It will also prevents me from being able to capture grand souls in it from what I understand. How big are humanoid souls anyway?

I think I can un-spoiler this;

Human souls are the same size as Grand souls, as in, they will recharge the same amount (in Oblivion this was 1600) and enchant the same amount, they simply need a Black Soul Gem in order to hold the soul. You can find these where necromancers like to hang out.

I leveled up enchanting by letting my follower do all of the soul trapping. I noticed that my follower was getting a lot of kills, so I made 2 soul trap items of him. After every dungeon I would have a dozen of so soul gems, but if you have the money you can just buy them whenever you are in town.

http://s9.postimage.org/8tywknmj3/Screen_Shot2.png

image upload

2 ebony weapons with custom names. The reason why my enchants are 70/70 ice/lighting and not 25/25 is because of the multipliers. Enchant skill maxed give increases your base damage by 18, with the destruction ice lighting perks enhcants both enchants are increased by 100%. So I have a badass hammer now, this makes me wonder how much damage a dual wielder would do with destruction/enhancement maxed.

Edited by aguliondew

You would think so but I leveled blacksmith first in about 2 days after hearing about how easy it was. Everytime you go back to town buy iron and make iron dagger to level it really fast. I did not realize that I wanted enchanting until later so that took over a week to do so, but if you level them up together you could just buy pretty/common soul gem and enchant the dagger before you sell them. Enchanted items sell for a lot.

Also, do Azura's Quest

to get the reusable soul gem. If you hand it to the mage and not back into Azura, you'll get a re-usable black soul gem, handy for raids on bandits, rather than having to find monsters or beasts.

I have a Black Soul Gem,! So I can use this one over and over?

So if I enchant a weapon with fire with a black soul gem will it be more powerful?

Thanks

You use the "Black Star" over and over, a regular Black Soul Gem is a one-time use.

If you are using a blacksoulgem/grandsoulgem it contains a grand soul, which makes your enchantments stronger. Likewise, Greater is better then common, common is better than lesser (I think, it might be the other way around) and so forth.

Hope I helped a bit. Cheers.

it's a lot of work to get blacksmith + enchanting to 100.

Um.... what?

It's far too easy to level enchanting and smithing! They should be as slow as alchemy. There is a reason everybody is complaining this game is easy, when they get dadreic + full enchants by level 20 and run around 2-shotting dragons on master difficulty.

Step 1) Get soul trap/weapon with soul trap.

Step 2) Buy lots of petty soul gems.

Step 3) Play the game

Step 4) Make tons of iron daggers, buying the iron ingots.

Step 5) Enchant the daggers, giving you up to 200 gold per.

Step 6) Repeat for a day.

Gratz, 100 enchanting and smithing! Not doing anything but playing the game ad exploring!