Is Skyrim protected by SafeDisc or Starforce

seweryn

So my question is Skyrim protected by those systems ?

Fallout 3 was protected in Poland by SafeDisc and by Starforce in Russia.

What it does it prevented modding ( We couldn't use for example FOSE due to this ).

I had to buy a dvd ( once again ) in england and ship it to my country.

So I fasted my money for buying it the first time.

My question is this:

Is Skyrim protected by those means that Fallout 3 was ?

Anyone have any clues ?

Id rather have Steam (or gods forbid Origin) than have some shitacular anti-piracy program like Securom which causes more problems then it solves. PLUS it doesnt stop piracy... none of them do really, not even Steam.

To answer the question, Skyrim uses Steam as its DRM source, it doesnt have anything else.

Id rather have Steam (or gods forbid Origin) than have some shitacular anti-piracy program like Securom which causes more problems then it solves. PLUS it doesnt stop piracy... none of them do really, not even Steam.

To answer the question, Skyrim uses Steam as its DRM source, it doesnt have anything else.

I will buy retail version so I won't be using Steam at all.

Yeah you will. Everyone does. lol Skyrim requires steam to at least install it. So you will be using it at least once.

So If I go to a game shop and buy skyrim I have to install steam ? To do what may I ask ?

Can I just run setup.exe and be done with it ?

I will buy retail version so I won't be using Steam at all.

Irrelevant, all versions on the PC whether D2D or retail require Steam to be running to play and install.

to do what? to 'stop' piracy. I would say nothings really, but it's not nothing. its an inconvenience.

Edited by Ghogiel

Easy there Seweryn ;) Ya know that we don't allow the discussion of cracking the games here. :down:

-DarkeWolf, Nexus Staff

Edited by DarkeWolf

Irrelevant, all versions on the PC whether D2D or retail require Steam to be running to play and install.

to do what? to 'stop' piracy. I would say nothings really, but it's not nothing. its an inconvenience.

.....you're aware that you don't need an internet connection to play Skyrim, yes? Only to authenticate it, and receive updates. They need to protect their game from piracy, and Steam is one of the least annoying forms of DRM they could have chosen.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Steam requires a constant internet connection. Seriously? It doesn't require this for other games, why would it require it for Skyrim?

.....you're aware that you don't need an internet connection to play Skyrim, yes? Only to authenticate it, and receive updates. They need to protect their game from piracy, and Steam is one of the least annoying forms of DRM they could have chosen.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Steam requires a constant internet connection. Seriously? It doesn't require this for other games, why would it require it for Skyrim?

There is at least one (illegal) version of Skyrim floating around that doesn't use or interact with Steam. Also, Steam's offline mode has issues for some (not all) people that render their games inaccessible if Steam isn't running in online mode.