[request] More Songs for Bard's

FireBug3

After going into several inns and pubs I finally had more of the singing bards than I could take so I killed them to shut em up. The instument playing is really cool but the singing is just bad. As soon as I get the construction engine I think I'll disable the singing entirely. Until them I will just keep killing the bards. :thumbsup: Edited by zappa45

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FireBug3,

I think it sounds like a plan. Are you a scripter/coder?

Yes, however from what i know skyrim is going to have a new scripting language, so it may take a while to get used to.

The background story/text I can handle, but modeler/animator would still need to be found.

We could brainstorm some cool quest ideas with everyone around here and then pick the best and form a questline.

I'm thinking a great way to handle "Bardo" (temp name), would be when the PC walks into the room, Bardo is singing a song, and halfway through the second verse, he breaks a string, summons the character over, and makes the PC quest for a string so that the full song can be heard once the lute is restrung.

It can really be as ridiculous as we want as long as it stays fun.

Anyhow, I'm thinking 3 new songs max to keep the quality high.

Next, a tuning peg could break.

And finally, when the PC shows up with the tuning peg, Bardo's lute had been stolen whilst he was "entertaining" a young maiden.

How about some more ideas?

I do already have some nice ideas for a bard quest but dont want to spoil it yet =P

I think it is fine if he is going to have only one song at first, we can always add more later, first we have to make sure it is going to be a quality unique character.

I've been thinking and perhaps the best way to ensure the mod actually gets done is to make it modularly. For example, focus on the very first part of the quest first. Get it done and available for download. Get some feedback and then work on the next part. I've been in too many projects that get too big too fast, and never end up getting done. The great thing about the Mod Manager is that it will let people know when an update is out, so it should work fairly well. What do you think?

It seems like it would be really easy to add lots of instrumental bard music to the game once the CS comes out. Singing would need more work, and the voice acting wouldn't match up if you add them to existing bards.

@torikamal

I really like your voice sample. It's very good, especially compared to most voice acting for mods.

Edited by Tyrannus007

I've been thinking and perhaps the best way to ensure the mod actually gets done is to make it modularly. For example, focus on the very first part of the quest first. Get it done and available for download. Get some feedback and then work on the next part. I've been in too many projects that get too big too fast, and never end up getting done. The great thing about the Mod Manager is that it will let people know when an update is out, so it should work fairly well. What do you think?

Yes, that was the plan =P, however, we still have to lockout for a moder, because using vanila models is no good.