Bardsongsdrinkingsongs03 5 verses

Bardsongsdrinkingsongs04 3 verses

SongOfTheDragonBornEnglish 10 verses

SongOfTheDragonBornDragon 10 verses

BardsongsFlute 01-06

Bardsongslute 01-04

BardsongsDrums 01-03

.in the files there's 272 that can be found with doing the search for bard

In simple terms, it seems possible to replace the 272 bard snippets [parts of songs] with full songs of whatever length you like. To lip sync them 'may' be possible using some older tools from the line of games, to which I haven't got around to working out, but they seem to be pretty similar. That's what can be done 'now'. With the CK, sure, I imagine you could add in plenty of other things/ways of doing it, new characters and quests.

What I would suggest be done if this was a way to go is ..

1. work out where/what each snippet is, so as to keep the original song playing first in the sequence or redo the original song, heard some wonderful examples on youtube already. Basically, add all of the parts back together so you play the whole song on the first verse.

2. add new songs in the additional snippets so after they play the first song, they plays another and so on.

3. add blank snippets for the songs that aren't yet made or for future needs. So if an artist 3 songs they can have 3 songs in the playlist for instance

4. perhaps look at voice file changes, so the bards voice matches their singing voice

5. do the lip syncing

Anyhow, they're my thoughts, can help out if need be.

http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=950

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/467454-replacing-voice-files-fuz-lip-syncing-question/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, didn't know there was already a thread devoted to this... glad I'm not the only one who thinks there should be more bards and songs. I will abandon the thread I originally posted and go off this one. I have a few rough draft songs that I'd like my bard character to have. This is another rough draft song. If there's enough interest to actually make this happen, I will polish the songs to get rid off the hiss and the pops. Also, eventually I'd like to have a second bard who plays the violin and sings next to the original character. This way there can be harmonies and added violin to these songs.

This song is called "Hide Your Gold" http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0a9dcf/n/Skyrim_-_Hide_Your_Gold.mp3

Hide Your Gold

Here are the lyrics:

He said you best be weary

Hide your gold

And if you lose your way now

Don't lose your soul

When you face that dragon down

Don't lose control

After all this is Skyrim now

Hide your gold

There was a man

Who looked like he had seen hard times

He had a hammer

And a helmet

And he looked into my eyes

He said I killed so many men and beasts in my time

Took the gold from their bodies and made it mine

Gave it all to a fair haired lass in Dawnstar

She ran away with a thief and left me with all my scars

He said you best be weary

Hide your gold

And if you lose your way now

Don't lose your soul

When you face that dragon down

Don't lose control

After all this is Skyrim

Hide your gold

Well I know 'how' to, mind if I work on a proof of concept with your song?

I have no idea of what you know how to do or what a proof concept is... but consider my songs completely free and available for anyone to use. Do anything with them that you like. There's also one called "Under the Sign of the Lady" I will work on today to try to upload.

What I would suggest be done if this was a way to go is ..

1. work out where/what each snippet is, so as to keep the original song playing first in the sequence or redo the original song, heard some wonderful examples on youtube already. Basically, add all of the parts back together so you play the whole song on the first verse.

2. add new songs in the additional snippets so after they play the first song, they plays another and so on.

3. add blank snippets for the songs that aren't yet made or for future needs. So if an artist 3 songs they can have 3 songs in the playlist for instance

4. perhaps look at voice file changes, so the bards voice matches their singing voice

5. do the lip syncing

Anyhow, they're my thoughts, can help out if need be.

http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=950

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/467454-replacing-voice-files-fuz-lip-syncing-question/

Maybe you can help with the encoding and lip syncing ? we totaly could use some help.

Ahh, didn't know there was already a thread devoted to this... glad I'm not the only one who thinks there should be more bards and songs. I will abandon the thread I originally posted and go off this one. I have a few rough draft songs that I'd like my bard character to have. This is another rough draft song. If there's enough interest to actually make this happen, I will polish the songs to get rid off the hiss and the pops. Also, eventually I'd like to have a second bard who plays the violin and sings next to the original character. This way there can be harmonies and added violin to these songs.

Hide Your Gold

I like this song, sounds like it will fit into skyrim nicely, i will do what i can to help you create your Bard and i guess a companion for him.

There's also one called "Under the Sign of the Lady" I will work on today to try to upload.

Sounds exciting.

We also could use an project manager.

Firebug: You can be boss :) ... or if nobody else wants it I can co-ordinate and assign tasks.

I know how to do it and really I like the idea of utilizing all of the sound 'bits' and choruses so the original songs sound more fluid for starters and also they will play all of the other songs. The downside is that the set-list [lol] will always be the same. This of course would change when the CK came out, so I suppose just working on getting songs and creating fuz files would be the best use of time at this point. If we have a whole bunch of artists and songs then we can do all sorts of things when the CK comes out

In terms of lip-sync, I'll see if I can figure out how to do it properly, I've only seen the reference to it thus far, not a tutorial or what have you, so that'd make a big difference, having 'done it' rather than just knowing how to. Then going to fuz seems fairly straight forward.

Firebug: You can be boss :) ... or if nobody else wants it I can co-ordinate and assign tasks.

I hate being a boss, you do that.

I cant do much till the skyrim creator kit is out, as far as i know right now, placing a new character and quests is not that hard to do, but writing the story and textes can be even more work then scripting.

Edited by FireBug3

Hey Guys,

made a song that's supposed to go more in the funny direction.

Beware the Frostbite Spider

Oh child, please, if you leave this town

Do not show fear and not a frown

but always be you wary

of the frostbite spider

It's big and it's brown, eats whatever it's found

It's poison burns holes in the ground

It's fangs are big and its eyes make you sick

When it has you you'll think "Please, make it quick".

But mercy is not the way of their ilk

Its eight hairy legs will roll you in silk

It's net is like steel and it will make you squeal

Press the air from your lungs and then make you its meal

But child, please, if you leave this town

but always be you wary

of the frostbite spider

You may be lucky and hunger to death

but know that if you again hear its breath

That you'll feel its poison eating you up

and make you a puddle of Frostspider grub

They're lurking in almost every cave

Caves are a surefire way to the grave

They crawl through the land, so stay in a town

Or you meet an end that's big, ugly and brown

So child, please, if you leave this town

but always be you wary

of the frostbite spider

The idea is to have kind of a bad PSA song that is not supposed to keep people from venturing out, but is so gruesome and scary that it makes people go home, bar their door and not sleep for a night. I would say that the chorus should be quite slow, while the rest should be sung very quick and wild. That it's not very good in matters of meter is just how I think this song should be - like it was written by some backwater scholar.

To get an idea of how it might sound I made a (bad) recording. It's a start and everyone is invited to re-sing it with an instrument and better quality ;).

Link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0bd377/n/Frostbite_Spider.wma

Folks, I just want to say that I am really impressed with all the input so far! I figure, the more bards the better!

@firebug3 thank you for organizing the first thread into a resources list. That will help a ton!

I just wanted to give a heads up that I will be flying under the radar for the next week or so. I have to finish up some audio gigs and get the assets turned in, so I'll be out for a bit, but I will be back, and much more productive after that. By the way, are there any ready-made songs that are already in the game (or previous elder scrolls games) that anybody knows of that might have been in the books you can collect?

Cheers!