Very Very SLOW Doors, gates, & sometimes containers

Timber57

Seems I am on a roll tonight with my new topics posted, but just remembered this aggravating one. Most doors and gates are slow to open. Just finished "The Arena", but I had to use console to toggle no clipping on just to get past the iron gate from the Bloodworks after getting new match from Blademaster Owyn because it would take a couple of minutes to open. The top gate to the arena was slightly faster and everywhere else in Cyrodiil is about the same, just slow opening doors, gates, and sometimes containers.

Anyone know what causes this? :wallbash:

Sounds like the A-Bomb. Games that have a lot of hours on them develop the problem. I use Oblivion Animation Fixer. There are also an animation fixer included with Wrye Bash. Whichever way you use, you will need to periodically redo the fix, but beyond that OAF works well.

Sounds like the A-Bomb. Games that have a lot of hours on them develop the problem. I use Oblivion Animation Fixer. There are also an animation fixer included with Wrye Bash. Whichever way you use, you will need to periodically redo the fix, but beyond that OAF works well.

Thanks for the reply, Striker879. Sounds like it is part of problem. Most animations are getting slower, like fires, and spell animations too. But OAF says just use only if animation is stuck. And Wrye Bash was way over my head for me to make heads or tails out of. (I could never figure out what the bash patch did even though I made one) But may have to go back to school, so to speak, to learn how to use Wrye Bash if problem gets worse and if no quick fixes, lol. Will have to re-install it again. bummer

Thanks for the reply, Striker879. Sounds like it is part of problem. Most animations are getting slower, like fires, and spell animations too. But OAF says just use only if animation is stuck. And Wrye Bash was way over my head for me to make heads or tails out of. (I could never figure out what the bash patch did even though I made one) But may have to go back to school, so to speak, to learn how to use Wrye Bash if problem gets worse and if no quick fixes, lol. Will have to re-install it again. bummer

You don't need to re-install whole game because of A-Bomb. It happens when you play one character for too long(around 150 hours or more), so your other characters may have A-Bomb or not.

You don't need to re-install whole game because of A-Bomb. It happens when you play one character for too long(around 150 hours or more), so your other characters may have A-Bomb or not.

Sorry, I did not make my self clear. I do that a lot. I meant I will have to download and re-install Wrye Bash because I deleted all those files and the download. If OBMM is not confusing enough, Wrye Bash scared me, lol.

Sorry, I did not make my self clear. I do that a lot. I meant I will have to download and re-install Wrye Bash because I deleted all those files and the download. If OBMM is not confusing enough, Wrye Bash scared me, lol.

For A-Bomb fix with Wrye Bash, it's not scaring once you install it correctly. Simply right click on save file you want and choose A-Bomb fixing from the menu. However, I suggest you to backup your save file before doing so.

I had a problem with ScreenEffects.esm which is necessary to run Bladesong. The fix worked, but after ScreenEffects loads, the screen would go all gray. Also after opening inventory to access Matrix of Perception to adjust your screen tweaks, it would CTD. But luckily, cdan posted his reply, (on Animation Fixer forum thread), I applied his remedy to the obse save file corresponding to the oaf fix save and voila! Tested it for 30 minutes reloading same and new save and all is well!

Thanks ladies and gents! :dance: :thumbsup: