Beauty body textures

necKros

So I made some face texturesand now people want body textures to match the same style, I can understand that. I didn't contemplate it at first though, and these are the reasons:

• All we have for now is the vanilla body meshes, which are not that great for a beauty mod.
  • Even if we do the hard work now, custom body mods will eventually spawn when we get the modelling tools working. Those custom bodies will use their own unwrapping maps and textures, rendering the major part of our work useless.

The current situation, though, tells us that we still don't know how much time we'll have to wait until those bodies appear, let alone the time for consolidating a "body standard" like happened in previous games.

Secondly, we have Channel_49, who proposed to shoot for me studio quality photos to use as source material. Propper high resolution body images will less work for future mods, reducing it to only manipulating the photos to match the new meshes uv map.

So I say let's just do it. I summon Channel_49 to discuss the chances of having those photos and how they should be taken.

Just a little thing to consider -

The "weight" option in the character selection screen is going determine how the body ultimately looks.

Remember to test the same body at different weight settings as well.

Some textures with the details inserted the .dds aren't going to look right when you apply larger muscles.

(Imagine an "echo" effect.. on your skin.)

I actually think that using real HD photographs of a living human being and then throwing them on the provided meshes is the best way to get maximum results in realistic looks.

You're right of course, at some point in the, hopefully not so far, future there will be a bombardment of body mods, so you will probably have to first choose the mod that you like best, mesh-wise, and then start working on applying textures.

Also something rather Off-Topic, and don't get me wrong, I'm trying to be constructive in giving feedback, I think the faces you made look a little 'greasy', but apart from that it's actually the best improvement for face textures I've seen on Nexus.

Edited by Slpy

• Even if we do the hard work now, custom body mods will eventually spawn when we get the modelling tools working. Those custom bodies will use their own unwrapping maps and textures, rendering the major part of our work useless.

Just transfer maps across UVs. Clicky clicky, big render button... wait for ages... have some tea.... profit.

Any 3d artist can do it for you in pretty short order. I could put vanilla maps on a body replacer if I wanted. With minimal distortion, all the bodies fit the same rig so are more or less proportionally the same.

It's all part of the whole, body replacers, they are doing it wrong thing I have going on. No need to make body not compatible.

The default body mesh is actually pretty good compared to most games. This will probably be the first bethesda game where having a body mod isn't practically a requirement. I think that if you just made your skins for the default body other modders could adapt them to theirs. Or get help from Ghogiel later if you find one you want to make a skin for. ;)

The default body mesh is actually pretty good

Well that would be the case if all the naughty bits weren't actually cut out from the meshes. It's a good male base mesh other wise. The female is slightly less as good. However I think it is quite workable.

Edited by Ghogiel

Also, finding an appropriate model with the right type of "generic" facial features is somewhat

difficult. Getting a nude model is also a challenge in itself. I will try my best though, I shoot quite

a bit of studio on the side. It wouldn't work unless the body and head is from the same person,

so you kind of need a person with the right face and willing to shoot nudes.

It is, however, much easier to get clothed people with the right faces, its just... how are the rest

of the parts to be done.

Once we do have the reference photos, they can easily be adapted for the new meshes people

might come up with, so that's not a worry.

I'm sort of busy for the next two days, but I'll try to read this over.

Let me know the key points I should know before I shoot these, such as angles, key things to

watch for, type of lighting ( I'm assuming full luminous ), and etc.

Also note that schedule models isn't a 1 2 3 type of thing either,

so do expect some wait and delay. The good part is that its free, and ultimately royalty free.