Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

@Sormcloak117

My reasoning is sound and my intentions are honest.

I want what is best for everyone and I'm sorry friend, while I can sympathize with the Stormcloaks cause, I refuse to receive my orders from a Religious Tyrant / Thug / Hypocrit.

I do not trust Ulfric's motives or his intentions and I do not truly believe in my heart that Ulfric has Skyrim's best interests in mind.

You cannot fight for freedom and justice, then turn around and ABANDON YOUR PRINCIPLES for your own personal ambition whenever you see fit. (MARKARTH, WHITERUN, ELISIF, DARK ELVES)

*Markarth - Took away the Reachmen's freedom, torture, murder, rape, annexation of a peaceful Reach kingdom... to secure his own. Which the whole thing was really a PR campaign just to advance his cause and make the Stormcloaks a known and viable political party in Skyrim.

*Whiterun - Annexation of a neutral hold over a fundamental difference between the two Jarls. He also allowed FREEDOM OF SPEECH and FREEDOM OF RELIGION not limited to FREE WORSHIP OF TALOS in his city. Ulfric initiates a challenge to the Jarl and then instead of showing up himself, sends his army, whereas he Jarl Baalgruf was prepared to face Ulfric in a traditionally Nordic deul.

*Elisif - Ulfric challenges then High King Torygg, his "friend" a young man who admired Ulfric, under a banner of truce and friendship, resulting in a deul to the death where Torygg was murdered. Furthermore, Ulfric goes a step further and refuses to allow the Moot to meet, making his country leaderless and placing it in further jeopardy. This alone is TREASON.

*Dark Elves \ Windhelm - A leader should not be judged by how he does in battle alone, his Civic and Social achievements must also be considered. Judging by the condition of Windhelm, the racial tension and outright fear plauging it's streets, it's almost immediately apparent that he, Jarl Ulfric, either refuses or is incabable of administering his job as a Jarl.

If Ulfric cannot do his job as Jarl, if his close friends cannot trust him, if his actions goes against what he professes to represent, then Ulfric Stormcloak should NOT be High King of Skyrim, nor is he High King material.

And I want the COMMUNITY to know and understand, that my post(s) are based on sound reason and my arguments against Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are out of concern for the citizens of Skyrim and Tamriel, well founded on game lore and compassion.

With this being said, it is time for me to choose a side and I have reached a decision:

Upon my honor I do swear undying loyalty to the Emperor, and unwavering obedience to the officers of his great Empire. May those above judge me, and those below take me, if I fail in my duty.

Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!

Edited by StormHammer81

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I do swear my blood and honor to the service of Ulfric Stormcloak Jarl of Windhelm and true High King of Skyrim. As Talos is my witness, may this oath bind me to death and beyond... ...even to my lord as to my fellow brothers and sisters in arms.

All hail the Stormcloaks, the true sons and daughters of Skyrim!"

Signed,

StormHammer81

(bigmagy1981)

I swore to serve the Empire and the Legion...then assassinated him to make a buck.

Oh well.

"I do swear my blood and honor to the service of Ulfric Stormcloak Jarl of Windhelm and true High King of Skyrim. As Talos is my witness, may this oath bind me to death and beyond... ...even to my lord as to my fellow brothers and sisters in arms.

Signed,

StormHammer81

(bigmagy1981)

Is this a weekly thing for you?

Hmm true. Bipolar much?

Easy guys.

Actually, I posted the wrong thing :smile:

I was on one of the wiki's and it said oath, so I posted it.

As you know, I was thinking of going Stormcloak, this was an old link I had. But my final decision was obviously Imperial and I though I would post the "oath" for clarification. I've never seen anyone ever do that before... anyways...

You know, I have defended you guys several times in the past. You could be a little nicer to me. And I've defended the Empire pretty much since Skyrim came out. Although I was a Stormcloak at first, this didn't really last very long. It lasted just long enough for me to get thrown out of Whiterun, to the point where I fled to Windhelm and heard Ulfric and Galmar talking about crucifying the Jarl Baalgruf. That was it for me.

Although, admittedly often times it's me *alone* fighting for the Empire.

So, then what you're saying is you don't need or want my help anymore on this forum?

I need to know... you know, I'm indecisive... not a fool :biggrin:

Whatever you two decide, I'll still fight for the Empire. The first oath I ever gave in the game was to the Empire, so there you are.

Edited by StormHammer81

Easy guys.

Actually, I posted the wrong thing :smile:

I was on one of the wiki's and it said oath, so I posted it.

As you know, I was thinking of going Stormcloak, this was an old link I had. But my final decision was obviously Imperial and I though I would post the "oath" for clarification. I've never seen anyone ever do that before... anyways...

You know, I have defended you guys several times in the past. You could be a little nicer to me. And I've defended the Empire pretty much since Skyrim came out. Although I was a Stormcloak at first, this didn't really last very long. It lasted just long enough for me to get thrown out of Whiterun, to the point where I fled to Windhelm and heard Ulfric and Galmar talking about crucifying the Jarl Baalgruf. That was it for me.

Although, admittedly often times it's me *alone* fighting for the Empire.

So, then what you're saying is you don't need or want my help anymore on this forum?

I need to know... you know, I'm indecisive... not a fool :biggrin:

Whatever you two decide, I'll still fight for the Empire. The first oath I ever gave in the game was to the Empire, so there you are.

Mate, it can be nice to have a new face around in these threads. its great to have you around.

Also, if its any interest. i was a diehard Imperial. i had always supported the Empire ever since I started Morrowind. Then I decided to force myself to do the stormcloak questline, but in order for it to feel right, I need to justify that decision in the long term. And here I am.

Edited by RighthandofSithis

...Bromance...

XD

Gotta say I actually went Stormcloak my first playthrough... Didn't really get over the whole trying to chop my head off thing. Plus I had to kill that one chick... She was just rude and needed to eat steel on fire.

Really the only thing I don't like about the Stormcloak is Ulfric... He's just your sterotypical brash nationalist rebel.

While I could never support that ditz the ex-High King kept around for heir production. I wish they woulda kept in that quest where you had to kill her for the Ebony Mail.

Stereotype or Puppet... Hard choice.

Signed,

StormHammer81

(bigmagy1981)

I swore to serve the Empire and the Legion...then assassinated him to make a buck.

Oh well.

So you basically acted like Jet Li in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_%282002_film%29 Except you didn't lose your balls at the last minute.

Also, if its any interest. i was a diehard Imperial. i had always supported the Empire ever since I started Morrowind. Then I decided to force myself to do the stormcloak questline, but in order for it to feel right, I need to justify that decision in the long term. And here I am.

Oh, nice, and we have to pick up the tab.

Neutral btw, only debating on which side makes the most sence to me.