Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

I think there is no Question. Just make a list.

You say the Stormcloaks are racists? Theyre not, they dont like some other races because the have very bad experiances with them, besides, khajiits and argoinans are discriminated by imperials too

The Imperials are Religious fanatics and are about to unleash a holocaust on the warshippers of Talos. Whats their excuse? They are pushed by the Thalmore? Awww ok thats a reasonable reason. NOT. Hey just because you are a coward dont mean you are not Guilty.

You say Ulfric Stromcloak is like a Dictator because he is a racist and killed the Highking and so on? Well the former King was weak and would have been manipulated. Ulfric just stand for its cause and fought a fair battle. Oh and he's racist? No he's not. He sais everyone who stands for Skyrim is a Son or a Daughter of Skyrim. Not just Nords. Ok the Elves live Poorly in Windhelm, but he just have more important Tasks than helping them. Its not Ufrics Fault that the Elves and Argonians are Discriminated.

And whats about the Imperials? They all cowards. They dont fight for their beliefs, but just for all what the Thalmors say. Just because the lost to the Thalmore. Every Nord would choose Death over selling their beliefs. And helping to execute the holocaust of Talos warshippers is the same as executing it on their own.

So in the case of skyrim, The Thalmore are evil Conquerors who want the World on their Own and the Imperials are their sissy puppets.

The Stormcloaks are Brave Warriors who stand for their cause and Protect Skyrim from the Evil which want to slay anyone who warships Talos or offends them in any other opinion.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say the Stormcloaks are racists? Theyre not, they dont like some other races because the have very bad experiances with them, besides, khajiits and argoinans are discriminated by imperials too

The Imperials are Religious fanatics and are about to unleash a holocaust on the warshippers of Talos. Whats their excuse? They are pushed by the Thalmore? Awww ok thats a reasonable reason. NOT. Hey just because you are a coward dont mean you are not Guilty.

You say Ulfric Stromcloak is like a Dictator because he is a racist and killed the Highking and so on? Well the former King was weak and would have been manipulated. Ulfric just stand for its cause and fought a fair battle. Oh and he's racist? No he's not. He sais everyone who stands for Skyrim is a Son or a Daughter of Skyrim. Not just Nords. Ok the Elves live Poorly in Windhelm, but he just have more important Tasks than helping them. Its not Ufrics Fault that the Elves and Argonians are Discriminated.

And whats about the Imperials? They all cowards. They dont fight for their beliefs, but just for all what the Thalmors say. Just because the lost to the Thalmore. Every Nord would choose Death over selling their beliefs. And helping to execute the holocaust of Talos warshippers is the same as executing it on their own.

So in the case of skyrim, The Thalmore are evil Conquerors who want the World on their Own and the Imperials are their sissy puppets.

The Stormcloaks are Brave Warriors who stand for their cause and Protect Skyrim from the Evil which want to slay anyone who warships Talos or offends them in any other opinion.

Oh boy, this post just reeks of arrogance and dishonesty.

Racism is the dislike of others based purely on racial stereotypes, so yes they are racist according to the very description you just gave. Imperials are religious fanatics? Are you kidding me? The Stormcloaks are far more fanatical. They are the ones starting a war over their religion in the first place, remember? The Empire isn't driving a holocaust against Talos worshippers, the Thalmor are. You don't see Imperial soldiers marching people off to be tortured, that's the Thalmor.

So just because you call the guy Ulfric killed "weak" suddenly he's not a murderer? Ulfric's mentality for Skyrim is his way or the highway. That's precisely what a dictator is. The battle he fought was neither far nor a just cause. It was an easy means for Ulfric to get Ulfric more power. Ulfric is racist, you're the only Stormcloak supporter with the audacity to pretend otherwise because it's pretty blatantly obvious. If the elves in HIS OWN CITY live poorly then damn right it's his fault, he's the jarl and the well-being of the people in his city is his responsibility. It is his fault the Argonians aren't allowed in the city, that's a government policy and Ulfric IS the government. If everyone who stands for "Skyrim" (which actually just means is one of Ulfric's goons) can be a Stormcloak, why is there virtually no non-Nords in his army except for the Dragonborn?

Oh ALL Imperials are cowards? But ALL Stormcloaks are brave righteous warriors? Give the generaliztion and stereotyping a break please. The Great War was the Imperials fighting for their beliefs. Unfortunately they didn't win. Somehow you're gonna hold that against them? As I've said earlier, freedom is useless to the dead.

You basically just brought up all the weakest Stormcloak talking points that your own side doesn't even use because they know better.

Racism is the dislike of others based purely on racial stereotypes, so yes they are racist according to the very description you just gave. Imperials are religious fanatics? Are you kidding me? The Stormcloaks are far more fanatical. They are the ones starting a war over their religion in the first place, remember? The Empire isn't driving a holocaust against Talos worshippers, the Thalmor are. You don't see Imperial soldiers marching people off to be tortured, that's the Thalmor.

So just because you call the guy Ulfric killed "weak" suddenly he's not a murderer? Ulfric's mentality for Skyrim is his way or the highway. That's precisely what a dictator is. The battle he fought was neither far nor a just cause. It was an easy means for Ulfric to get Ulfric more power. Ulfric is racist, you're the only Stormcloak supporter with the audacity to pretend otherwise because it's pretty blatantly obvious. If the elves in HIS OWN CITY live poorly then damn right it's his fault, he's the jarl and the well-being of the people in his city is his responsibility. It is his fault the Argonians aren't allowed in the city, that's a government policy and Ulfric IS the government. If everyone who stands for "Skyrim" (which actually just means is one of Ulfric's goons) can be a Stormcloak, why is there virtually no non-Nords in his army except for the Dragonborn?

Oh ALL Imperials are cowards? But ALL Stormcloaks are brave righteous warriors? Give the generaliztion and stereotyping a break please. The Great War was the Imperials fighting for their beliefs. Unfortunately they didn't win. Somehow you're gonna hold that against them? As I've said earlier, freedom is useless to the dead.

You basically just brought up all the weakest Stormcloak talking points that your own side doesn't even use because they know better.

Wow, I never realized how seriouys a pollitical debae this could become.

Yeah....it gets a bit... "heated"....and the guys posting now are relatively small fish (with perhaps the exception of Kayyyleb) in the long-standing feud pond compared to some of the other debate sharks who aren't here right now.

@tnu

Welcome aboard! :smile:

>

Yeah, I'm not even going to go there because it will turn into a fire-fight. All I'm going to say, is... you want to get to know both factions real well before throwing down a post like that. The Imperials... we look bad because of Emperor Mede, ok? Judging the entire Empire by just what one or two people have done is very short-sighted. This can also apply to the Stormcloaks. Indeed, I've known some people in my lifetime who have started out with nothing at all, being pressed and publicly scourged, then later on they turn around and do great things because what happened before wasn't their fault.

If trying to save Talos's Empire rather than just start killing good Legionares makes me weak or sissy, then go ahead and call me that. Showing understanding and trying to reach a compromise on something shows far greater leadership than, "Oh well, we're going to rape Whiterun for no other reason whatsoever and shove a sword thru the Jarls' gullet." Ok? At least the Empire is like, "Hey dude, that Ulfric is trying to take you out! Don't believe us? Fine. Call the Empire just before he tries to burn your city to the ground..."

Compromise!? Those who would sacrifice essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. One does not compromise with a regime that wants to take away your freedom.

Compromise!? Those who would sacrifice essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. One does not compromise with a regime that wants to take away your freedom.

That is an incredibly naive and idealistic view but not a realistic one.

Edited by Kayyyleb

Trusting the empire to protect the freedom of the individual and to not become at least as oppressive as the Stormcloaks is the real naive idealism. Compremising liberty never gets you anything but oppression. After the empire caved in to the Thalmor on this matter who is to say they would not cave further? That they would not beocme at least as oppressive as the Stormcloaks.

that argument works well for both sides.

do you want the local flavour of dictatorship or the national flavour?

also, the Stormcloaks didn't restore Talos worship in Skyrim.

Nords all over Skyrim were happily worshipping Talos privately and ignoring the terms of the WGC. it is only when Ulfric makes a big fuss about it, attracts the attention of the Thalmor (I still think he was brainwashed to do this) and gets arrested that the Thalmor have the excuse they've been looking for to go into Skyrim and enforce the ban on Talos.

Edited by mighty zog