Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

And considering what you learn in lore about their slow reproductive cycle.

Fun fact, Elves in ES do not have a slow reproductive cycle, that is a myth from D&D style games. Elves procreate as fast as humans do.

>head straight, ears up< So how do they manage to maintain the illusion of being fully capable of doing what they say? And why cannot anyone else in Skyrim or Cyrrodil figure this out, >head tilts left again< or am I missing something painfully obvious?

You missed the whole "Both sides know that both sides are BSing and the Empire is plotting to go back to war with the AD once they get rebuilt" thing.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sided with the Stormcloaks the first time I played Skyrim, but after reading the Bear of Markarth, I will never side with the Stormcloaks again. I wish you could side with the Forsworn and help them take back the Reach. I also kill every Thalmor I can find.

I sided with the Stormcloaks the first time I played Skyrim, but after reading the Bear of Markarth, I will never side with the Stormcloaks again. I wish you could side with the Forsworn and help them take back the Reach. I also kill every Thalmor I can find.

That book is nothing but propaganda.

I also kill every thalmor I come accross :p

I am behind the Empire all the way and even I don't put much faith in Bear of Markarth (or The Talos Mistake) as being completely factual.

although as I said in a previous post, anyone who sympathises with the Forsworn and wants to do the CW quest should probably pick the Empire as "the lesser of 2 evils" because although the Forsworn hate everyone, there is the possibility that the Empire was going to recognise independence for the Reach before the Stormcloaks quelled the uprising.

I am behind the Empire all the way and even I don't put much faith in Bear of Markarth (or The Talos Mistake) as being completely factual.

although as I said in a previous post, anyone who sympathises with the Forsworn and wants to do the CW quest should probably pick the Empire as "the lesser of 2 evils" because although the Forsworn hate everyone, there is the possibility that the Empire was going to recognise independence for the Reach before the Stormcloaks quelled the uprising.

so, Zog, The Stormcloaks are fools manipulated by the Thalmor and the honeyed words of a racist, power-hungry traitor?

The Thalmor dossier states that "After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset." Which means that he was in contact with the Thalmor from 4E 175 onwards. It was only after the Markarth Incident (4E 176) that Ulfric broke off contact - "The so-called Markarth Incident was particularly valuable from the point of view of our strategic goals in Skyrim, although it resulted in Ulfric becoming generally uncooperative to direct contact." This means that until the Markarth Incident he was not uncooperative. Ulfric was a traitor to Skyrim and the Empire for at least a year before he used the Markarth Incident to start his rebellion.

Further, as we know Ulfric was in league with the Thalmor from 4E175 to 4E176, we know that he was deliberately screwing the Imperials over. Ulfric struck an agreement with the Imperials that would have let him worship Talos, while knowing that the Imperials wouldn't be able to keep their end of the bargain if the Thalmor discovered it - but Ulfric was in touch with the Thalmor while making that agreement!

The Markarth Incident was deliberately caused by Ulfric to give him an excuse to seize power, and provide a rallying point to recruit gullible Nords!

Do Stormcloaks hate elves? Yeah, but look at the history. They ran the Falmer underground to gain "their" land. There have been how many conflicts between Skyrim and Morrowind? The AD is pushing Talos out of their lives (anyone remember those bloody crusades?)

On the other hand, High elves view everyone beneath then, Argonians were enslaved by Dark Elves. Let's be honest, we see a lot of "racism" but in Tamriel, its spread pretty even across the border. We are in Skyrim right now, so we see Nords not being kind to Elves. Go somewhere else and its just as bad.

Also, if the Redguards can fight off the Thalmor on their own, if the empire just gave in to the Nords and Stormcloaks, who is to say the Redguards and the Nords couldn't beat the Thalmor. Honestly, if the Empire can't crush this Nord uprising, they weren't in a position to help anyone anyway.

It's time for things to change, if the Empire wants to be strong and noble and unite the land, they are doing a rather crappy job at it. They need to ask for help and fight the Thalmor, or get out of the way of the people who will.

Viva la Revolution!

The Snow Elves massacred the first human settler's save Ysgramor and may be a few others, iirc. Unprovoked, no less. They had it coming to them.

And as for Ulfric, the revolution has grown beyond him. He may have started it but the reasons to continue it have nothing to do with him anymore. To get hung up over some insignificant replaceable welp is to be extremely short-sighted.

so, Zog, The Stormcloaks are fools manipulated by the Thalmor and the honeyed words of a racist, power-hungry traitor?

The Thalmor dossier states that "After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset." Which means that he was in contact with the Thalmor from 4E 175 onwards. It was only after the Markarth Incident (4E 176) that Ulfric broke off contact - "The so-called Markarth Incident was particularly valuable from the point of view of our strategic goals in Skyrim, although it resulted in Ulfric becoming generally uncooperative to direct contact." This means that until the Markarth Incident he was not uncooperative. Ulfric was a traitor to Skyrim and the Empire for at least a year before he used the Markarth Incident to start his rebellion.

Further, as we know Ulfric was in league with the Thalmor from 4E175 to 4E176, we know that he was deliberately screwing the Imperials over. Ulfric struck an agreement with the Imperials that would have let him worship Talos, while knowing that the Imperials wouldn't be able to keep their end of the bargain if the Thalmor discovered it - but Ulfric was in touch with the Thalmor while making that agreement!

The Markarth Incident was deliberately caused by Ulfric to give him an excuse to seize power, and provide a rallying point to recruit gullible Nords!

I would go so far as to say that the Markarth Incident and the subsequest Stormcloak Rebellion were orchestrated by the Thalmor.

they wound Ulfric up and let him go and the next thing that happens is that the Empire has a new problem to deal with instead of preparing for the 2nd Great War (the Thalmor actually refer to "the First Great War" which would suggest that they think at least 1 more war with the Empire is going to follow soon).

he may very well believe that what he is doing is the best for Skyrim and the Nords but all he is doing is making the job easier for the Thalmor.

if I have any complaint about the options in Skyrim it is that I can't tell Ulfric or the other Jarls that the Rebellion is a Thalmor plot and resolve the conflict to strengthen Skyrim's place in the Empire (but I suppose that is so they can have the possibility for the Thalmor and the Dominion to be the big bad enemy in TESVI with the Empire in a much weakened state.

The Snow Elves massacred the first human settler's save Ysgramor and may be a few others, iirc. Unprovoked, no less. They had it coming to them.

Excpet for the fact that Dagon tricked the Falmer into it, and the Nords rapid expansionism, and hostile activites, were real concern for the Falmer.