⚠ Website Issue - Mod lists not showing on Collections ×

Skyrim "Clean" Mod

GiovSalvatore

Clean mod?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like someone to make a "clean" mod?

Seriously though, not flaming you for wanting to play the game; I'm on your side. I just don't think it's right to be that overprotective at your age with certain games without actually playing/reviewing the game firsthand. Would I let my 8 year-old sister play Skyrim? Probably not right now, but I would play it in front of her because I can guide my character to where things aren't so "scary" for her (doesn't like the dark caves, werewolves or zombies, lol's when a thief tries to rob me by the roadside and gets scorched). But I'll let her play Fable 3 (monitored), Guild Wars (solo/monitored group), or Neverwinter Nights 2 if she wanted to play a "fantasy" setting game, until she got older because I've played those games and know their content. Furthermore, she's known the difference between reality & fiction since she was 5, so there's no need to worry if she'll try to imitate what was done on a game IRL.

You are an idiot for not listening to your own closing statement through the rest of your, dare I say argument.. nah your rant.

This is about visual censorship. In the GREAT, AWESOME, U.S. OF A. adults are brainwashed by authorities and the media to believe false controversy. This is quite apparent if you ever talk to a audience member of Fox News. Where I am going with this is that, these adults are essentially idiots in their own right. Now idiots tend to judge books by their cover, it is just one of those things we all know from experience. Plus, refer to the false controversy statement above and google jack thompson. As a side note, once something labeled as controversy reaches the air and convinces people to join the, often, wrong side there is no easy way back; refer to global warming for proof of this. My theory is that people like to watch the news and keep their eye open for these things in the hopes they can bring it up and seem intelligent to their likewise friends.

(edit in italics)

How does that apply to this game? The types of parents who would be appeased by this mod are generally not the kind to actually play the game themselves so they don't know about non visual content usually. They mainly don't like to see obviously grotesque imagery in front of their children's eyes regardless of context and the potentially positive learning experience it may or may not be providing said child. In essence if you take away dismemberment and blood, and disfigured corpses, what you are left with is a high fantasy game with highly unbelievable looking fighting. I don't mean to say that the animations are bad, I mean that they animations have no visual effect.. other than perhaps the enemy being jolted back a bit.

So why does any of this even matter.. as you finally pointed out in your last statement.. this is about the kid.. who has to deal with said idiots on a regular basis. He has no control over their thoughts or behaviours, unless he is an exceptionally intelligent kid and can use a well made argument to convince his parents of his bullet proof morality. Most people would be lucky to be able to do so by the time they enter post secondary. So in other words your entire argument is moot since your argument is surely to never be seen by any of these idiot parents in america.

Just thought I would chime in my two cents with how pointless it is to argue the legitimacy of the mod.

edit:

Oh and mxan.. there are actually studies in which the results clearly prove that violent video games have no ill effects on people who aren't already predisposed to violence. I will see if I can find it.. probably won't be able to though since I am not a scientist and don't know how to search for things like that.. but news article which referenced the study was published in 2010 if I recall.

Edited by Sagenth

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what you said was true, I'm glad I don't live in America. Here in Australia, we have the same sort of people who are overly fanatical in the disposal of "bad" content in games, whether it be violence, language, sexual references, or any other thing deemed to be a bad influence. This doesn't rule over our lives, luckily! :P

Seriously, my little sister (younger than 10 years old) is fascinated by the first scene in Skyrim where the guy's head gets chopped off. That doesn't mean she is a psycho, in fact she is hardly violent at all. Simply seeing something like that isn't going to change your life forever, unless you have been condemned to a goodie-goodie's vision of a perfect world.

I'm not going against this mod in any way, for there are some who would indeed like less gore in their games. It is understandable, while I personally would like the gore increased, I can see the usefulness of it being created.

If what you said was true, I'm glad I don't live in America. Here in Australia, we have the same sort of people who are overly fanatical in the disposal of "bad" content in games, whether it be violence, language, sexual references, or any other thing deemed to be a bad influence. This doesn't rule over our lives, luckily! :P

Seriously, my little sister (younger than 10 years old) is fascinated by the first scene in Skyrim where the guy's head gets chopped off. That doesn't mean she is a psycho, in fact she is hardly violent at all. Simply seeing something like that isn't going to change your life forever, unless you have been condemned to a goodie-goodie's vision of a perfect world.

I'm not going against this mod in any way, for there are some who would indeed like less gore in their games. It is understandable, while I personally would like the gore increased, I can see the usefulness of it being created.

Where I'm from, we call the fanatically idiotic Americans who want to censor everything (I'm American BTW) CMAE... Christian Mothers Against Everything.

Just some untrue stereotypes pulled from multiple groups and pieced together.

Anyway that was random. These cases are few and far between. Not ALL of America is like that. :P There def. are some... and the rest of us have a good laugh at them before we get pissed off when they start to gain some ground. :D

Freedom is about choice, so giving people the option to turn off gore is more freedom for us all... I would imagine Americans appreciating such a mod and not crying about their liberties being "taken away."

Seriously though, not flaming you for wanting to play the game; I'm on your side. I just don't think it's right to be that overprotective at your age with certain games without actually playing/reviewing the game firsthand. Would I let my 8 year-old sister play Skyrim? Probably not right now, but I would play it in front of her because I can guide my character to where things aren't so "scary" for her (doesn't like the dark caves, werewolves or zombies, lol's when a thief tries to rob me by the roadside and gets scorched). But I'll let her play Fable 3 (monitored), Guild Wars (solo/monitored group), or Neverwinter Nights 2 if she wanted to play a "fantasy" setting game, until she got older because I've played those games and know their content. Furthermore, she's known the difference between reality & fiction since she was 5, so there's no need to worry if she'll try to imitate what was done on a game IRL.

You are an idiot for not listening to your own closing statement through the rest of your, dare I say argument.. nah your rant.

This is about visual censorship. In the GREAT, AWESOME, U.S. OF A. adults are brainwashed by authorities and the media to believe false controversy. This is quite apparent if you ever talk to a audience member of Fox News. Where I am going with this is that, these adults are essentially idiots in their own right. Now idiots tend to judge books by their cover, it is just one of those things we all know from experience. Plus, refer to the false controversy statement above and google jack thompson. As a side note, once something labeled as controversy reaches the air and convinces people to join the, often, wrong side there is no easy way back; refer to global warming for proof of this. My theory is that people like to watch the news and keep their eye open for these things in the hopes they can bring it up and seem intelligent to their likewise friends.

(edit in italics)

How does that apply to this game? The types of parents who would be appeased by this mod are generally not the kind to actually play the game themselves so they don't know about non visual content usually. They mainly don't like to see obviously grotesque imagery in front of their children's eyes regardless of context and the potentially positive learning experience it may or may not be providing said child. In essence if you take away dismemberment and blood, and disfigured corpses, what you are left with is a high fantasy game with highly unbelievable looking fighting. I don't mean to say that the animations are bad, I mean that they animations have no visual effect.. other than perhaps the enemy being jolted back a bit.

So why does any of this even matter.. as you finally pointed out in your last statement.. this is about the kid.. who has to deal with said idiots on a regular basis. He has no control over their thoughts or behaviours, unless he is an exceptionally intelligent kid and can use a well made argument to convince his parents of his bullet proof morality. Most people would be lucky to be able to do so by the time they enter post secondary. So in other words your entire argument is moot since your argument is surely to never be seen by any of these idiot parents in america.

Just thought I would chime in my two cents with how pointless it is to argue the legitimacy of the mod.

edit:

Oh and mxan.. there are actually studies in which the results clearly prove that violent video games have no ill effects on people who aren't already predisposed to violence. I will see if I can find it.. probably won't be able to though since I am not a scientist and don't know how to search for things like that.. but news article which referenced the study was published in 2010 if I recall.

It's pretty funny how people post stuff like this on forums like they have something to say/prove; throwing "idiot" about as if they've got the coffee mug reading, "I'm the only one who REALLY knows what's going on." Especially when they try to bring politics into it. :laugh:

I voted no for a simple reason:

It's fine the way it is. It only becomes AO when you mod it to such a degree. It's great that the players have the freedom to do so, but there again comes in the choice factor. Where as Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas was borderline to begin with.

Xernorva's statement was pretty valid. Much less a rant than what said in reply, and something I happen to agree with...well...then again I don't have a kid and don't intend to but that's beside the point.

Besides, as harsh as parents can be sometimes, I've always known them to be pretty understanding as long as they know what the hell is going on.

Unless you have a permanent bruise from all their Bible thumping, I doubt it'd be much of an issue.

That's just me though. And that'd also be my answer to the question, "Why would somebody vote no?!"

It's pretty funny how people post stuff like this on forums like they have something to say/prove; throwing "idiot" about as if they've got the coffee mug reading, "I'm the only one who REALLY knows what's going on." Especially when they try to bring politics into it. :laugh:

True enough.

Idiot parents aren't withheld to just America.

but most of all.. I never said I am the only one who knows what is "really" going on. I think we all do. I am just pointing out that there is no point arguing to parents who aren't here.

Freedom is about choice, so giving people the option to turn off gore is more freedom for us all... I would imagine Americans appreciating such a mod and not crying about their liberties being "taken away."

You obviously don't know Americans too well... then we'd complain about not having a mod to take our liberties away.

There is NO winning when it comes to what Americans will complain about. We'll complain about damn near anything-- including not having anything to complain about, and people pointing out that we complain about damn near anything. I assure you, I am not being facetious.

- Word Of The Day -

Facetious:

Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant

Thanks, I learned something.

It is true, Americans will complain about a company protecting their credit cards from hackers by requiring secure passwords. Dumbasses; but so does everybody, so really all people are stupid, no exceptions.. me included.. I don't know how to talk kindly to people.

I voted yes. Some people don't like as much gore in their games. I'm fine with that. It isn't like that same person is making everyone use the mod.

On a side note, I've been a dad for just over 2 years now. I'm also a Christian. When My kids are a little older, I will probably let them play games like this. I'll probably mod out some of the worse stuff, but in all honesty, Saturday morning cartoons are almost as bad.