Tutorial - Adding objects in cells for Skyrim

Xylozi

Hi all.

I've managed to place items (objects) in my house, even on the outdoor wall I placed dragon head (I used TFC and TCL command for that), but I dont know how to move objects back and forth or left or down. Somehow I can move it right and up. :whistling: . Anybody have a solution?

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by skyrim76

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of something. Changes you made to any cell with console commands, where are the information stored? Im guessing savegames, since any other savegame you have will not be affected by the changes you made in one savegame.

I knew that an .ess viewer excisted for oblivion, i never got to test it, for fun i tried running it on skyrim to check if i could view something, but no, completely incompatible, not that i had high hopes though. Did this viewer go into great detail about things like this?

I know it had a hexadecimal editor, but im not sure if you could see cell changes in the savegame.

• 3 weeks later...

You would make an esp mod with tessnip, add the record of the item you want to remove, open that items header and click the box for 0x00000020 (Deleted). sanitize, save and activate.

Sorry for stealing some place in this thread, but when that doesnt work? Ive been trying to delete the firepit and cooking pot in Breezehome, (I wanna make the floor normal there,) but they are only moved outside the house. I use tfc to check and all the stuff ive been deleting that way is on the same place outside, I guess thats where point 0,0,0 is... x,y,z... And is there a flag to make sure some or none of the garbage never spawns in the house, like food, goblets, lanterns and such?

Thats probably because it got a parent, and my guess is that the upgrade package for kitchen is the parent for that one, i had that problem when i tried to make a mod to fix up the blood mess bug in windhelm until someone gave me the parent id's for the objects.

have you tried to check the "disabled" flag instead? But if you want those things gone for sure, you got to find the parent id for the cookingpot, you can do that with the "getparentref" console command, but removing the parent will also remove the rest of the items belonging to that parent.

The firepit in the floor besides from the embers and fires itself was in the house already before any upgrade packages was bought, so i would not remove any parent to that one if there is any.

Thank you for your reply. Which flag is the disabled flag? I have "Initially disabled" and "Ignored" but none of them make any difference. Im considering to start over from scratch instead and leave the firepit as it is but I really really wanted floor instead.

Thank you for your reply. Which flag is the disabled flag? I have "Initially disabled" and "Ignored" but none of them make any difference. Im considering to start over from scratch instead and leave the firepit as it is but I really really wanted floor instead.

yes initially disabled on the parent id for the cookingpot, embers etc. if you want to remove the firepit you can always replace it with a normal floor title instead of removing it?

I had to reinstall FalloutModManager to get everything working... I got some very annoying crashes when opening the esp:s and esm:s + there was no change dispite the flags... but now everything is fine and the flags are working too...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I'm trying to figure out how to place an NPC ( a horse), not an object in a cell.

There must be something else I'm missing, as a quick test I tried to swap my newly created NPC (the NPC works just fine I can spawn him via console) in the place of one of those shiny little floating lights in the archmage quarters.

Well no matter what I do I can't get it to work. The objects I try to replace DO disapear, yet nothing is in their place.

Help please...

I'n the end I wan't to place this NPC outside Whiterun stable, but if I can't even put him in a room than I'll never figure that out.

Click the object in console mode

"rotate x 180"

"rotate y value"

"rotate z value"

quicksave, quickload works for me although a bit cumbersome.

Is there a way to move an object in a similar manner? I find exact placement is never possible to the accuracy I want. I am obviously referring to furniture and not potatoes.

[ Edit ]

After a LOT of searching I found the answer so here it is for anyone else needing to know;

Positioning

Note: [axis] resembles the x,y,z axis for 3d positioning.

getpos [axis] : returns the position in axis value of the selected object – getpos x

setpos [axis] [value] = sets the position of the selected object – setpos z 200

getangle [axis] = returns the angle of the selected object – getangle y

setangle [axis] [value] = sets the angle of the selected object – setangle x 45

Strangely these produce instant results as opposed to rotate where you have to close the console to apply.

Additional item info;

I wanted a chest for storage. NUMEROUS websites have the following list posted;

Anvil – 1a2ad

Alchemy Lab (Floor) – bad0c

Alchemy Lab (Wall) – d54ff

Arcane Enchanter (Floor) – bad0d

Arcane Enchanter (Wall) – d5501

Forge – bf9e1

Forge (Outside) – bbcf1

Grindstone – 6e9c2

Smelter – 9c6ce

Workbench – d932f

Leather Crafting Parts – db5d2

Large Enclosed Bookcase - 102ae6

After some digging I also found;

Chest 10FDE6

Display Case is C5893 (small) C5894 (slightly longer), C5892 (big), or C5891 (big, includes table)

The fun part is that the chest turns out to be "MerchantWhiterunEorlundChest" and is STUFFED full of goodies. Nice way to decorate and up your inventory LOL!

I found the details about the true identity of the chest and a TON of other items HERE (This list is about furniture, placeable objects, containers, books – basically stuff that can make your virtual home pretty.)

[ /Edit ]

Edited by Gladfelder