Tutorial - Adding objects in cells for Skyrim

Xylozi

Thank you for the reply! Yes the basic translation is something i understand, my problem appears when the position numbers goes into the hundreds and thousands.

For example im trying to convert these positions and angles : x: 310.00 y: 50.00 z: 27 angle: x: 0.00 y: 0.00 z: 45.00

the hex numbers converters give me is something like: pos X: 136 Y: 32 Z: 21

angle X: 0 Y:0 Z: 2D

It just does not sound right to me, i even checked the DATA of the old object that was placed near and the hex strong had a lot more than this, this is why i need to learn this so i can do it right, because im failing at some point here.

Now this got me thinking, so im currently reading up on all Hexadecimal guides i can find trying to understand what im doing wrong, i also checked other items around the cell with getpos and getangle to check up with their data files, but im starting to think that the positioning data is not cell related but something else, either that or im doing this horribly wrong! Im thankful for any help i can get on this matter, im do not expect people to go into depth about this, i need to learn most of this on my own and im working on it. Thanks again!

Those coord positions are float values, which are treated differently than Int values. Here is a link to a very handy float <> hex calc that will help you a lot.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I didn't yet go throught all your nice tutorial but I thankyou for this already ...

plus I would like ot ask if this allows to put in cells custom items and if so how? I mean you explain if I am not wrong how to put items already ingame but how about items not ingame?

You can just add a new record to the cell in tessnip. For example if you want to add a fireplace (formid bec2c) to Hjerim (cell 16778)

under the cell you have two entries "temporary" and "persistent" usually the static items are stored in "temporary"

to add a new a new item, you have to select the "temporary" node -> edit -> New Record

1. When you have the new record it will be put at the bottom as NEW_

2. select your new record then edit -> add subrecord (do this two times so you have 2 subrecords in your new record)

3. rename each of them NAME and DATA - In the NAME just put in the formid of your item, DATA contains position and rotation as the tutorial says.

4. Doubble click the NEW_ record and in the formid field enter a REF ID, as the tutorial instructed try to use a higher value, for instance my id's had fec89 as the highest so just to be sure i made my new reference id fecff.

5. I usually rename NEW_ REFR in the end.

So you just do the same as you where going to replace an item, but you add a new record instead. I have done this myself and i know that adding records works, but im having problems with positioning, which is what im getting help with now. Thanks a lot to Sunnie for taking the time to help!

Thanks Sunnie!!!! I got it now i converted the rotations and positions to hex values through the converter you linked.

So i got float : 310.00000 (which is pos. x) hex: 0x439b0000 = 00 00 9b 43.

I had to mirror the numbers a little, but it worked my items are now in position all thanks to you. Thanks again for beeing a patient person, im now one step further into the world of modding!

Thanks Sunnie!!!! I got it now i converted the rotations and positions to hex values through the converter you linked.

So i got float : 310.00000 (which is pos. x) hex: 0x439b0000 = 00 00 9b 43.

I had to mirror the numbers a little, but it worked my items are now in position all thanks to you. Thanks again for beeing a patient person, im now one step further into the world of modding!

AGREED!

Thank you.. I have a piece of paper with every common angle in hexcode that was starting to look a little warn out.

It seems that the Angle coordinates are not converted the same way position coords are.

Im having a few problems turning objects the right way, it takes a lot of trying and failing before they are in the correct position, any tips to this other than copying hex from other objects? Don't want to be difficult, but i want to understand why.

I have copied floatvalues from other objects, but the problem is that my object faced the wrong way, so then i had to start from scratch again.

I noticed that an ingame rotation of 87.85 had the float value of 1,533189 - Hex: 3FC43F86, while the correct float value for 87,85 is 33b3af42, i tried to use this ingame, and the item converted this to 116 or something like that, regretfully i did not note down the number.

Also instead of using the calculator, tessnip have it's own "float-to-hex" converter. If you mark the four bits you want to modify you can simply type in the coordinate decimal inside the "float" window down to the left side of the DATA record window, when you have typed in the float value, confim the change with the blank button on the right next to the float window

It works as long as you keep the byte you want to modify marked, this works, i've done it a lot when trying to get the right rotation.

Though sometimes it gives you the "no valid float value" error message it's usually because you are using are not using "comma" to divide values.

Anyone know how to delete/remove a ACHR or REFR completely..

For example, I want to remove a ACHR from the game, would this require removing the original NPC?

You would make an esp mod with tessnip, add the record of the item you want to remove, open that items header and click the box for 0x00000020 (Deleted). sanitize, save and activate.

Anyone know how to delete/remove a ACHR or REFR completely..

For example, I want to remove a ACHR from the game, would this require removing the original NPC?

You would make an esp mod with tessnip, add the record of the item you want to remove, open that items header and click the box for 0x00000020 (Deleted). sanitize, save and activate.

This is what I have been trying to do, but it doesn't seem to do anything to a ACHR only REFR, even changing the ACHRs ID to something like a chair does nothing, or changing it from ACHR to REFR etc etc, soon as change it it just reverts it back to the original record.

Edited by Shawkab