Since 1.7.12, Game unplayable due to infinite loading

Battousai124

So, I let steam reluctantly download YET ANOTHER update, the third one within a week.

Now the game starts fine and main menu shows and even some stuttering is gone.

BUT

now even when starting the game with JUST Fallout4.esm enabled, the game gets stuck even on "New Game", i can't start it and I dread that I -as an assumption- have to reinstall 283 mods which most of them i merged together to save LO space or even the LoadOrder itself, just because Bugthesda decided to do s#*! in our bowl again.

How can it be so hard for such a giant company to ANNOUNCE game patches??????

The company OVERKILL, with which Players of their games of the PAYDAY franchise should be familiar with, announce game patches a day before they are released on steam.

Bethesda is bigger why can't they?

With this Fallout 4 is most likely dead for me. Even though I really like this game. The update for a mod u was working is also impossible to finish with this.

Nice Work, Bethesda!

P.S.: Before someone tries to give me the typical "did you uninstall mod X"-tips:

I am starting the game WITHOUT !!!! MODS !!!! OR EVEN DLCS !!!! Activated !!!

There should be nothing hindering anything. I deleted F4SE from the Game folder. I deleted ENB from the Game folder. I verified the game files, TWICE!!!! Uninstalled DEF UI, Looks Menu, achievement reenabling mod for F4SE and even the In-Game esp Explorer which is an esp-f4se mod. Nothing has helped.

Now why I opened this thread:

Anyone else having this problem, or am I really the only one?

I really hate to hear this, since I had suffered with the ILS for some time. The 1.6.9 seemed to pretty much eliminate the problem and the two later updates didn't wreck that. I am, however, making a backup of my entire FO4 directory before I download the new patch.

I got it earlier today and have been playing steadily since with no issues at all. The problems that you are experiencing may not be due to the update but due to something that you changed in your game beforehand.

The Rabbit

@Daryl

ILS??

@Rabbit

The thing is right before the patch I had been playing then Payday 2 and Fallout 4 wanted to update but couldn't, due to storage space, I was testing a few weapons now added to Weaponsmith Extended. I then stopped playing to fix some things up, but noticed that the two games wanted to update. I uninstalled Payday 2 and then let Fallout 4 update. I then started the game and since then this issue persists. I only uninstalled the mod "In Game esp Explorer" because i read that one of the later updates had to use a clean save so i wanted to do that. I then installed the new version and since then I cant start a game anymore. I uninstalled the mod again but the issue persists. Nothing else did I do between the being able to play and NOT being able to play.

Edit:

After a night's sleep, at least the black screen is back but the CTD right before the Intro cinematic is too.

Edited by Battousai124

I just hate it when a random stupor says "I don't know what you problem is. My game runs fine." It is esssentially as saying "I have a sandwich, so there is no hunger in the world."

Stop posting pointless comments not helping anyone except padding youself on the shoulder!

Releasing three(!!!) updates in one week means that the developers at Bethesda f*#@ed up things pretty badly, patching their own patches much like Microsoft did back in the early stages of Windows XP.

Patch 1.7.6 completelky broke the game for me because I instantly CTD everytime when leaving Sanctuary. They still didin't fixed the game-breaking and annoying settlement stats zero bug but shoving DLC's down our throats mostly aimed at advancing your workshop even though they said that the settlement building is optional.

I had to reinstall my game without any mods at all but the zero bug remained and the basic game became pretty much dull and boring without mods. These games are suppose to be modded, hence the Creation Kit since Morrowind, so please people stop making snarking comments about using mods at all - you look retarded when doing that.

For me, I just uninstalled the game again but refrain from playing it until winter is coming, hopefully patched to the point where I can play it again with mods that make this game interessting instead needless DLC that gives me the opportunity to create teddy bears!

The Nuka-Cola World DLC can kiss my arse...

Okay so, somehow things have sorted themselves out. I was able to at least get out of the infinite loading bug.

I then deactivated the mod i surmise was the culprit:

Tina's Cookiepocolypse by DDProduction83

I was able to play the intro and the Sanctuary Pre-War part very well. CTDed at the second cryogenic freezing but that may be a fluke.

Edit1:

Not a fluke, just CTDed at the exact same spot with mods enabled. I'll check if any mod is throwing errors.

Edited by Battousai124

I thought you said that you were running with no mods? Then you said that you deactivated Tina's Cookiepocolypse. So are you running with installed mods? As a rule of thumb I never run with any mods until after I exit Vault 111. Also have you tried using a save right after the Vault 111 exit? If you don't have one there are a few available on Nexus.

I had tried running with only Fallout4.esm and still had the issue of infinite loading, then i tried it with all mods running since nothing had changed from before the patch to after the patch. still no dice, but then I deactivated the Tina mod and was able to play until the spouse got murdered and you get frozen again. at the white screen i had the ctd again and it was reproducable. Later i will try to play now since i removed some mods that i didnt need anymore and fixed small stuff like no resolved FormIDs in my mods. If that fails I will try yours to only run Vanilla with DLCs and install the mods once i get out of the vault.

I cannot even load a save anymore that is the problem why i can't use other's savegames.

• 3 weeks later...