Private Library

WhiteWolf

Somehow all my characters end up with the same flaw I have in real life... we need to collect books and we run out of places to put them! I have some housing mods that have a few bookshelves, but I've also installed the Lost Library mod, so all the previous books from the Elder Scrolls games can be obtained as well, so yeah. There's no space. Plus, other houses just use the glass door bookcase that acts like a container instead of the really cool shelves that show the books on the shelf and what's the point of that when you have the beautiful book covers mod installed also? What I'd really like to see a private library in the same vein as Bromjunaar or the Haven Bag mod where you teleport in to it. A giant room of nothing but bookshelves waiting to be filled!

With a lot a patience and time, I might be able to do this on my own, but I know putting the proper bookcases into a cell isn't as easy as it should be. So, I thought it would be cool to reach out to any modders willing to do it or if anyone knows of anything like it already.

Check out Legacy of the Dragonborn. It includes Book Covers of Skyrim and the Lost Library. It has an entire library section in the museum. Many of the sets along with quite a few individual books can be displayed on shelves as you acquire them. For any book that is not displayable there are bookcase cabinet containers on the second floor.

These are both nice mods that I wasn't aware of. I'm actually trying out that Legacy one now.

However, I was hoping to find something that wouldn't tie my character down to certain house. I'm a fan of mods that let me build, move or buy my own furniture so I can live wherever I want, so if I have one character that has a mansion down in Falkreath or another in a modest cabin in Whiterun or the crazy one that lives wherever she can pitch a tent, they all have access to a library room.

Hmm...maybe try the instant fortress http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17835/?

along with Jaxonz positioner http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52583/?

Sleep wherever you want, but use the fortress as an instant access library?

If there's a mod that allows for other types of wherever-you-want-them houses, I haven't seen it yet. If I do, I'll holler.

Hmm...maybe try the instant fortress http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17835/?

along with Jaxonz positioner http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52583/?

Sleep wherever you want, but use the fortress as an instant access library?

If there's a mod that allows for other types of wherever-you-want-them houses, I haven't seen it yet. If I do, I'll holler.

Already have both of those. I use Jaxonz a lot for setting up empty spaces for homes. The instant fortress is very cool, but it suffers from the same problem as the Legacy of the Dragonborn mod; there's just too much going on. I'm a fan of simple. I just need a few basic things in a room and I can supply the rest.

I agree with redrakiton, since you are so keen on the idea maybe try to make it yourself - just be aware that once you start modding it becomes seriously addictive stuff!!! :D

I love your idea of a private library, especially if it has beautiful furnishings already supplied that the player can then place decorations on themselves either in the CK or with "Jaxonz Postitioner" - I like to use JP to copy artifacts I find in the world (eg the Dragonstone & Urns from Nordic ruins) & try to have a home or undecorated room that I can easily place them in for display.

Maybe it could be accessed via teleportation after buying a spell - although I don't know how difficult that would be to execute as I've never tried working with spells myself.

I love the idea so much that if I wasn't so seriously strapped for time I would absolutely give it a go myself - it is a great concept that I'm sure many people would use.

Edited by ElioraArin