Could the character become Emporer?

Garnn

I was reading up lore, and I come upon this little tidbit. The dragonborn, by lighting the dragonfires, can become Emporer. Would make a neat mod, but would be cool if this turned out to be DLC. It seems to obvious, though......yeah, mod realm here. But anyways, what do you think about this? Could the character become Emporer, or not?

Gameplay wise? No. Lore wise? Yes.

As emperor you couldn't be an adventurer anymore unless it was one of those 'Oh you're listener/archmage/leader of the companions, you have duties to uphold, but you want to go slay some bandits on the other side of the province? That's okay, dear, you go do what you want. Oh and take this useless bodyguard with you!'

We'll, you became the ruler of all albion in fable 3 and you still could do adventuring, i dont see why it shouldnt be any different in skyrim...

It DOES make LORE sense... however it's not very practical.

For example, the empire needs as strong ruler with dragonblood roots, you have that, and proved you were capable, and if you take the side of the empire, it SHOULD be an option to be like... the advisor or something like Chancellor Ocato or something like that...

Well it wouldn't feel realistic, do you expect them to make a guy emperor if he was just gonna shirk his duties and dungeon grind all day?

And if they did make it realistic, it'd be boring as hell. Sit there doing paperwork all day. :P

Cant we have like... an in-game I-phone or something so when we are out adventuring we can tend to our royal duties through... like... the tamriel-wide internet?

Gah, i have such an imagination. :P

lemme get back to you on emperors and realism...

Gameplay wise? No. Lore wise? Yes.

As emperor you couldn't be an adventurer anymore unless it was one of those 'Oh you're listener/archmage/leader of the companions, you have duties to uphold, but you want to go slay some bandits on the other side of the province? That's okay, dear, you go do what you want. Oh and take this useless bodyguard with you!'

Oh yes, this could have been part of the game. If the game would have handled it like Fallout NV, where the player has the open world with all its quests, but is always aware, that the final part of the main quest is the end of the game.

And then there's the issue that not every player character is the same. Even if dragonborn, I doubt the Imperial council are trampling toddlers underfoot in eagerness to coronate a Khajiiti tombraider emperor. Of course, unless they're desperate enough. And that's not mentioning how contrived the historybooks in the future games would be. "The Emperor, known only as 'Emperor', and who's race and gender went unrecorded to the passage of time."

Well with some of the events we have control over, I'd say it's a distinct possibility that the Empire will need a new, strong Emperor, they need to contend with the Thalmor threat after all, and then there's those little things I won't spoil involving the Brotherhood. So even if you are a cat-person, or even an Argoninan, like me, you have the blood and soul of a dragon. They pretty much have no choice but to make you Emperor, and they can shove it if they think you'll give up adventuring to tend to your courtly duties, what are assistants for in the first place?