Support for a guy afraid of big spiders

banditjingx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you feel. I haaaaaaaaate that particular spider, with every cell of my body... Thankfully, I've got my trusty flamethrower-hands. Now that's therapy!

I don't know how severe your phobia is, so take this advice with a pinch of salt... But I suggest just... Doing it. Move in and make that sucker pay for ever being hatched! It's really an empowering feeling to beat one of those horrors (and your fears) fair and square like that. Again, flamethrower-hands. They're not as scary when you're incinderating.

*Ffffwwwwooooooosssh!!* "Burn in the Madgod's candle, you soulless monster!!"

wow you serious? whats the big deal it's a video game not gonna hurt you irl or anything, just kill it and get it over with, gotta face your fears sometime lol, and if you don't just open the console with ~ click the spider and type kill

it will kill the spider for you...

btw i know i'm being harsh, but i mean c'mon it's a damn game lol, i don't know about some people ><

maybe you should learn the difference between a phobia and a rational fear, instead of embarrassing yourself with your callous ignorance..

OP: If you are able to kill it, i think the best course would be to walk past along the wall, with your camera constantly pointing at the wall/floor. That's the only spider in that dungeon, if i recall correctly, so you should be able to go on playing with no problems later on. If not, you can always use the TCL console command to fly around the room, ending up on the other side, although the spider will still be there

I hate spiders in real life..... I go to ridiculous lengths to get them out my room/ house.... (air rifles have been used...)

but I've never run away from em in a game... did in `Xena Warrior Princess` on PS1, when I was about 9- but they looked like the spiders we get in my country (the only one that's big, happens to be terrifying, and really fast...)

But skyrim spiders look kinda cuddly imo... I liked the one in the dark brotherhood sancutry....

The bear mod works for me, every spider is a giant bear looking like it's ready to hug you. (I've nicknamed them pedobears) I have horrible arachnaphobia, I scream like a little girl when I see anything bigger than my hand and has more than 2 legs. Fallout was such a pain with the Radscorpions. Thank you bear mod.

wow you serious? whats the big deal it's a video game not gonna hurt you irl or anything, just kill it and get it over with, gotta face your fears sometime lol, and if you don't just open the console with ~ click the spider and type kill

btw i know i'm being harsh, but i mean c'mon it's a damn game lol, i don't know about some people ><

mate do you know what a phobia is?

damn, how thick are some people.

mate do you know what a phobia is?

damn, how thick are some people.

Yes i know wtf a phobia is, i just do not see the point in being scared of a stupid spider in a game is all, i mean it can't hurt you or even do anything, then again i guess i'm different than people with fears cause i don't scare easy or at all really, and besides i have a creepy crawlies for pets and some tarantula's :)

but it's not a spider. it's a digital representation of one >.>

the most it can do is crawl up to the front of the screen and wave around. plus you get to stick a sword in it.

If you really can't stand to see spiders, try playing a mage and just blasting fire everywhere.

Excuse me sir, do you know what it's like to have arachnaphobia?

You don't comprehend how it's like, because you can't. The spider looks lifelike, with huge fangs.

If it was 8-bit graphics, who cares? These are HD graphics, where everything is lifelike.

That's the main problem with arachnaphobia in games, It's LIFELIKE.