How many mods to use?

Ovennamedheats

i have about 140 mods and my pc has an i3 with a HD 7770

i can confirm that certain mods hit performance

but honestly, if the mods make the game more immersive and not into sex simulators then yeah, i recommend those

for me it's making the game a bit harder, like FONV's Hardcore mode and FO4's survival mode but not too extreme like S.T.A.L.K.E.R on master difficulty

• 1 month later...

help me

im using dragonborn dlc unofficial but nothing different and i cant active the dragonborn quest. the cultist is not coming and attacking me. dawnguard dlc and hearthfire dlc is already actived and work perfectly but not work at the dragonborn dlc. i alreaady redownload but same result

can anyone help me ?

sorry bad english :mellow:

Edited by galahad2

The number of mods isn't important. Like Rabbit 51 wrote take the mods you would have made if you could. Install then one by one, check if everything works fine and when you find the game very funny without CTD's nor too long loading times your problem is fixed.

Without wanting to sound rude, but how is this even a question? Modding is not about competition, it's about your personal gaming experience.

First, think about why someone wants to mod their game. The first thing that comes to mind is, that somehow something in the gaming experience leaves you dissatisfied.

In Skyrim and Oblivion, it started for me with the immediate urge to get rid of the god-awful vanilla UI, continued with game-breaking bugs and the terrible fast leveling, took a side trip on better graphics and ended with creating an overall better gaming experience that wouldn't push me out of the immersive experience at every corner. I ended up with 100 mods (+-10) in Skyrim from which about 25 are essential to me (meaning I would have stopped playing Skyrim in early 2012 if they wouldn't exist).

It's a good idea to create a list of things you want to change urgently, then find the mods that might address those points and install them one by one. I'd rather not install a whole bunch of mods without knowing the basics (load order, for starters...)