Rebuild D.C. Subway System

itscolton

If you're gonna rewrite this, here's a few suggestions: raise the cap level to 100, lower the number of skill points you get when you level up, import the newer perks from New Vegas and make the compatible, create the add-on I suggested for Liberty Bell quest (call it something like "Chasing Liberty" or something) and create two more add-ons that I found here. One involves The Erie Stretch and the other involves Vault 87 and the eradication of the Super Mutants. Also, I like the idea of having Caesar's Legion making their way to DC and the western BoS arrive there, too, and having some words with Elder Lyons about "going native" and abandoning his original mission.

Sounds pretty daunting, huh?

Edited by QuinnMallory45

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the responses. QuinnMallory, I took your Erradication of Super Mutants to heart, and decided to incorporate it into the main functions of the mod. It's morphed into something much bigger. Bigger than TSC (mothership zeta crew mod) or any other faction mods. A faction that you head, a faction built on the ashes of the wastes. You are the Wasteland Reclamation Front. Here's the progress...

Once the main storyline is complete, you have a dream that envisions a clean, rebuilt wasteland. You recruit a small ragtag team of wastelanders from various locations (not in real-time, gotta wait a few days), then you take over & revamp Fort Bannister (renamed Fort Cleanse the WRF HQ). From there you can order battalions to reclaim areas in D.C. and each area you reclaim with your forces, you can choose to remodel & upgrade. This includes all vaults & the Subway system & popular locations around the area. There will also be a small quest included in the main quest line that enables you to take control & restore functionality of the U.S. Government Satellite Relays found in the northwest corner of the map and order tactical strikes on locations. Unfortunately for evil players, these locations are "evil locations". Such as Paradise Falls, Tenpenny Tower, Raven Rock (again), and the Republic of Dave. The strike can also be used on Vault 87 & 101 enabling you to take control & upgrade rather than send a strike force (more expensive but faster.). So far thats it.

Thats all I want to include for the first few releases. I do need voice actors, a story writer (maybe me), a few extra GECK experts, and anybody else that would like to help.

• 3 weeks later...

And howzabouta a level 2 metro?

A complete new floor of metro tunnels network (connected with the existing one at many places) of tunnels, its surface corresponding to the existing one... THE UNDERGROUND DC! A secret military city under the DC and all of its underground infrastructure... A REAL underground city... So deep down there... Unexplored... Full of dangers...

What do you say, fren.

See, I'm not a modder, but a SF writer, and so feel free to PM me for inspiration, if you want something like this.

Hail the D&T (Darkness and Torch)

Hazy

If you're gonna rewrite this, here's a few suggestions: raise the cap level to 100, lower the number of skill points you get when you level up, import the newer perks from New Vegas and make the compatible

There already are mods that do this, no reason to go through the effort to include them in this mod. They don't really have a place in it anyway.

Oh wow, this sounds very similar to a mod idea that I've had. Trouble is, I don't know the first thing about modding. I followed the "My first Vault" tutorial by Bethsoft until it got to cluttering it and I got overwhelmed by the object palettes and gave up :confused:

My idea started out as a new Faction mod called the "Gutter Runners", but it played on my mind and has kept growing from there. Here's my current outline:

New Faction/Questline Mod: "The Gutter Runners"

- A non-profit, humanist group dedicated to the excavation, restoration and maintainence of the Capital Wasteland's vast network of metro, sewer and service tunnels.

- This is in order to provide wastelanders with a safe and reliable means of travel in the D.C. area, avoiding the various surface threats such as raiders, slavers, mutated animals and super mutants.

- This involves clearing areas of obstruction & debris, keeping zones free from feral ghouls (a constant and persistent threat), and safeguarding entrances/routes against potential invading hostiles (such as raiders and super mutants).

- The safeguarding is accomplished via stealth and guile wherever possible, and secondarily through the use of a thourough and cunning network of traps. This is due to the GRs not being a militant group, wanting to avoid conflict and working for the improvement of mankind's survival in the CW, they lack high amounts of arms and also the numbers and expertise to survive in direct, sustained battles with the other factions.

- The faction has a history in D.C. going back long before the LW meets them, the GRs themselves being an amalgamised and reformed incarnation of two earlier factions: the "Guild of Mechanics & Engineers (GoME)" and the "Railway Rangers". The former being a gathered brotherhood of technitians, mechanics and engineers out to reclaim and sustain man's knowledge of practical and benevolent technologies, the latter being a psudo-militant branch of "soldiers" who sought to rid America's railways and stations of any and all hostiles (again, in order to provide safe travel for traders, couriers and any other "honest" wastelanders).

- In the GRs prime (years before FO3), they successfully excavated and restored much of the CW's metro system, they ran a fairly big and smooth operation with supportive links to other humanist organisations such as the Railway and Followers of the Apocalypse. Being a non-profit group, they operated by trading the use of their network for supplies such as food and salvagable tech, some modest weaponry and ammunition. Nothing too fancy or big, they use their technological know-how to craft improvised weapons, such as railway rifles (access to large amounts of railway spikes), and set IEDs (access and knowledge of explosives due to excavation activities).

- They have massively declined over the years, however. By the time the LW leaves Vault 101, the GRs are all but extinct (in the D.C. area), having been betrayed, killed, hunted, run out and routed from their lairs. This accounts for the metro system as it is now: abandoned, flooded, filled with raider camps, super mutants and crawling with feral ghouls.

So, yeah, I visualise them much like the russians from Metro 2033, the same style of clothing and equipment. I envisioned the LW stumbling upon them and helping restore the faction to their former glory, retaking the metro and sewers. Having them help in clearing out, restoring communications centers and supply lines, etc. New weapons and clothing would look appropritate for the established setting (i.e. weathered, a little rusted etc not new and shiny looking like a lot of the current weapon mods), and be of an ad-hoc, improvised nature (again similar to the Metro 2033 weapons). There would also be a plot of intrigue and hints of a troubled past for some of the factions current members to hook the player and get them involved in the trials and tribulations of this group of people.