What should the last Fallout be about?

Skyviper086

to be completely honest, i would like to see fallout revert away from the FPS style it is now, and to the old RPG style it had before.

im not really a shooter-fan, and as much as i enjoy the ambience of FO3, i quickly get quite sick of the repetitive non-stop shooting.

since, realistically, theres no way back from the 1st person style, i would at least want a lot more desolateness. since im scandinavian, i would love some sort of north-scandinavian tundra-wasteland scenario. and wastes upon wastes between settlements. i miss the relatively crowded settlemends of FO2, so in the few places there are settlements, i would want there to be quite a lot of people, and tons of minor quests

i would like a whole range of "shitty" weapons, ammunition should be hard to find, and something to cling on to, and use with caution.

the setting would be roughly corresponding to this map

http://maps.grida.no/library/files/ecosystems_in_northern_scandinavia_and_finland_001.jpg

that would make me happe :D

They could do Colorado. That place is pretty much a nice mix of everything.

as for where it is. dont care. as long as its not a freaking desert again. give me something where i can see the destruction of the bombs, the remnants of my country, and the (failed) attempts to survive in the wasteland. New York wouldnt be bad, cause of the subways and buildings...Boston also wouldnt be bad, thats where the Commonwealth is supposed to be and that has always played a suspicious role....Florida possibly, with the Everglades (Point Lookout) really any city would work....i always wondered what post apocalyptic Hawai'i would be like ;)

I agree with Las Vegas being a bad setting. Even worse when they decided to make the place mostly intact. I didn't feel like the war happened at all. It felt more like people left for 200 years and the place was left with no maintenance.

And as for a location? Louisiana perhaps? Or the NJ-NY area. It won't turn out as mostly urban area like most people say. People are forgetting that the surrounding area in DC was full of buildings and was leveled by the bombs and turned to the wasteland it is in the game now. So i guess the same can be done for a game set in the NJ-NY area.

I mean it'd be perfect. What better way to showcase the glamor and novelty of those good ol'retro days than in Hollywood/Beverly Hills?

Yeah that would be great.

You know in Fallout we've played a vault dweller looking for water so his vault can survive encountered the master and killed it, in 2 we we're a tribal looking for the geck encountered the Enclave and killed them, 3 was almost the same thing as one with getting water for everyone and joining the brotherhood to kill the enclave. Maybe in Four we'll play the rich guy who sacrifices everything for the greater good. When he changes everyone will hate him maybe we'll fight the people that want to make a massive nuke or something fight war profiteers who want to start another big war so they can get money.

i honestly dont play Fall Out for the story, i mean the better the story the better the game, but lets face it FO3 and FONV didnt exactly have the most amazing stories...i play Fall Out for the atmosphere. i want my surroundings to feel like 200+ years after the nukes. i want the ppl to feel like generations of survivors. the settlements to feel and look like the were built out of hope. know what im saying?

FO3 did a great job of this. FONV not as much

Edited by hoofhearted4

ideas you state dont seem very FallOut like. you wouldnt join the army and fight and stuff, and if thats what you do in the last Fall Out i wont buy it. i like the idea of being a/the Lone Wanderer. i like the idea of no matter what situation i walk into, no matter how many others are afraid to do something, or have failed, me and my badassness in the Wasteland can achieve that situation. i like to be alone (or with my companion) and just do whatever we want. and that wouldnt happen if we were part of the military.....i like the feeling of whatever is going down, im the only one who can stop it.

as for where it is. dont care. as long as its not a freaking desert again. give me something where i can see the destruction of the bombs, the remnants of my country, and the (failed) attempts to survive in the wasteland. New York wouldnt be bad, cause of the subways and buildings...Boston also wouldnt be bad, thats where the Commonwealth is supposed to be and that has always played a suspicious role....Florida possibly, with the Everglades (Point Lookout) really any city would work....i always wondered what post apocalyptic Hawai'i would be like ;)

Agreed and agreed but ı hardly ever travel with a companion ı am a loner :facepalm:

Edited by nonsense16

i honestly dont play Fall Out for the story, i mean the better the story the better the game, but lets face it FO3 and FONV didnt exactly have the most amazing stories...i play Fall Out for the atmosphere. i want my surroundings to feel like 200+ years after the nukes. i want the ppl to feel like generations of survivors. the settlements to feel and look like the were built out of hope. know what im saying?

FO3 did a great job of this. FONV not as much

Yeah I do understand what you're saying. Me I like a good story and some good action I've been playing Fallout sense it first came out. And really I thought it was all over after 2 because in FO2 We find out who started the war and what the American forces were up to. FO3 was okay but it would've been much cooler to have been a Merc or something in FONV instead of a courier.

After seeing places like the NCR capitol and Vault City I wouldn't mind seeing a completely restored town in the Fallout. I'm not saying everything has to be that way I would just like to something like that. How does a society two hundred years after the blast advance. The chi in FO2 were building rockets to go back to space and where working on another nuke.