Pip-Boy Issue

BenDelat

I'm level 20, been playing the same set of mods, none added, none removed, since the beginning of this playthrough...all of a sudden...out of nowhere...I have a massive black splotch over my Pip-Screen, meaning, I can't see anything.

http://i64.tinypic.com/1055dhk.jpg

As you can see....the massive black splotch...

Anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Come to think of it...my Nvidia Drivers updated today...could that be the problem..that's the only change I can think off..

OH MY GOSH... I have same thing and was going to post my own request for help!!!

Look here! at my images. It's much darker in my pics but it's same issue.

I also updated my nVidia drivers just before this happened. I wonder if the Pip Boy screen is some type of overlay that graphics card isn't rendering correctly now.

Strange problem, I hope it gets fixed...

It's an issue with the new nVidia drivers. You need to change your Ambient Occlusion setting to HBAO+ in the advanced settings in the FO4 game launcher.

Edited by steve40

Thanks for the tip on the fix. I think i'll have to make my other .ini tweaks again after I set it off from Read Only.

Update: No good for me. I need Ambient Occlusion on at least or it screws up True Storms. Also I can't afford the frame rate dip with HBAO+. Getting sub 30 FPS.

Edited by Glomer01

So thanks NVIDIA, my Fallout 4 now runs like sht. Even if keep all my settings as they were my frame rate is worse and I'm getting CTD which has not been a problem for me till now with the Driver Update. Any way to revert?

Update: Went to NVIDIA site and downloaded previous driver. All is about back to normal.

Edited by Glomer01