ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

Hello all. I was working on this stuff for a while, then found this forum and decided I'd contribute. I'm basically stuck at the same place as everyone else. Manniquins wont stand still and are creepy as hell. I've completely redone my first floor, adding space and redesigning the ceilings and walls. I'm also adding a fourth level, which will be a true basement, and will be my armory, alchemy space, enchanting space, and smelting/forging area. By the way, has anyone found out what "feritle ground" actually grows? I've placed it and haven't seen anything sprout out just yet. Wondering if it's a place we can actually plant our own herbs and such. Anyway, here are some screens of my redesigned first floor. It isn't nearly fully furnished yet and I still have the second and third floors to redesign as well as the true basement to build.

Here's what I've done so far with the first floor.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052665790/screenshots/

Notice the new door near the exit? There's a complete stairwell there leading down to where I will be adding the new floor with the armory/forge and all. The first floor is going to be my trophy room/library, because every hero needs a nice private library.

edit: Forgot to add, beaware that NPCs will not path through any area where a wall previously existed. My wife Sapphire would not cut the corner into the larger room on the first floor because there was a wall there previously. She would path where a door had existed and enter the area from there. If you're completely rebuilding your house, your NPCs may not move two inches from the front door of your completely rebuilt house.

Screw the NPCs i say id rather have a BAWS looking house!

Why cant they make a map editor lol would make this game so much better and people could make CRAZY structures but that would take the fun out of creating a house but if they made the map editor it would be less buggy

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, you are not familiar with earlier elder scrolls games are you? Bethesda always releases a CK (Construction Kit) to make new lands, structures, you can basicly construct everything you want, but it has never been released with the game as far as i remember, it always took a month or two after the game release before the construction kit was out. The Construction Kit for Skyrim is to be released in january, so it's not far away. Edited by Sk8on

From what I recall the general tips I have picked up around placement and in particular lights is to pick something up like a Goblet or seomthing, Hold it with E where you want to pus something and use the placeatme console comand. Not the player.placeatme one. Works for me. I use it all the time for putting walls and pillars a round a room super quick. Great when placing things that have a common axis. Hope that helps.

Ive only just got into this house creator thing how to HELL did you get the marble table to hold things up like that?or does it just say:

[E]

Place On Table

BTW Im so glad i got Skyrim on PC for this very reason!

Uhm, you are not familiar with earlier elder scrolls games are you? Bethesda always releases a CK (Construction Kit) to make new lands, structures, you can basicly construct everything you want, but it has never been released with the game as far as i remember, it always took a month or two after the game release before the construction kit was out. The Construction Kit for Skyrim is to be released in january, so it's not far away.

SORRY FOR SPAMMING FOURMS BUT ITS RUDE TO IGNORE PEOPLE HELPING YOU!

I am new to Bethesda games first one ive played TBH so when creator kit comes out it will be this map editer that im talking about?

If it is that will be Awesome!

I just hope i dont have to do any code for this CK thing

Thnaks!

Off To Bed

From what I recall the general tips I have picked up around placement and in particular lights is to pick something up like a Goblet or seomthing, Hold it with E where you want to pus something and use the placeatme console comand. Not the player.placeatme one. Works for me. I use it all the time for putting walls and pillars a round a room super quick. Great when placing things that have a common axis. Hope that helps.

Ive only just got into this house creator thing how to HELL did you get the marble table to hold things up like that?or does it just say:

[E]

Place On Table

BTW Im so glad i got Skyrim on PC for this very reason!

Lol, Thank to this awesome little bunch I have found all the tools I needed from knowing nothing about modding to what I have today. I think I am even going to venture into the CK side when it sout because I have th ebug now.

Anyway the Table. its very easy, look back to the first page and you will find a link to a complete list of forum ID's. Use this as your bible. On that list I mostly use STAT (Static), FURN (Furniture) and CONT (Containers) so, I spawned a table and changed its axis with setangle X & Z to what I wanted. I then setpos X & Y to set it into the wall. Then using setpos z to get the desired height. To get the weapons up there do not use the normal ones that you can pick up and put into your inventory, someone else gave me this tip. Us the one from the STAT list because these are whats used for the game Load screen and are not equipable. The STAT ones you place like furniture so they will not move or get knocked. Only rule I have when placing stuff like that anywhere is that I must own them or have previously found them. Otherwise I feel I am cheating. I will not spawn anything other than furniture, brick n mortar because these enhance my game. The weapon wall is what I am hoping to create in the CK when released and that is the layout I want. I tried it with a carpet backdrop and even a supersized display cabinet but i didnt really work.

Only downside is occassionally Aela will stil sit at it meaning she looks like a Ninga half way up the wall which is funny.

Enjoy mate, it comes to you very quickly with this lot. Just have a good read and catch up. I posted many times before realising my answers were there to be found.

Kindest Regards

~Goat~

Man I gotta say this is amazing

After playing around with all the options for a few ours here`s my work so far for breezehome:

Finally now I have the most awesome chest in the game as a floor safe instead of that annoying fire :D

Looking good KICKER, also I have been trolling formID's looking for this chest. Please please share the ID's. :thumbsup:

Shame you cant fit a carpet that you can roll up to hide it.

Edited by GoatfaceE3

Looking good KICKER, also I have been trolling formID's looking for this chest. Please please share the ID's. :thumbsup:

Shame you cant fit a carpet that you can roll up to hide it.

94F0E TreasDwarvenChestBossEMPTY

20652 TreasDwarvenChestBoss

B1176 TreasFalmerChestBossDwarven

one of these 3