[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

Kia Ora

I'm not sure if this is a bright idea or not, or even woth thought

I'm thinking about ambiant lights etc, (things that are invisible) to place them I hear is hard to get right

Woult this work (bit messy and takes time) if one was to use an object, say a strongbox and place an move that

to where they want to light source then GetPos x,y,z

Would "Placeatme <lightscode> x,y,z" work to put the light souce at the coordanates? that way they would end up

being placed quite close to what was wanted

Just another pipe dream thought/idea

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about ambiant lights etc, (things that are invisible) to place them I hear is hard to get right

I managed to get rid of the Breezehome lights by removing everything with the category "light" by browsing the Breezehome cell in FNVedit. Just search for the refIDs (not formIDs), then type

prid <refID>

markfordelete

I my efforts to open my current safegame with FNVedit keep failing. I managed to open a safegame by copying the standard header of an .esp into it via text editor. I can browse some categories, but it keeps crashing as soon as I try to open cells. :/

Any suggestions?

I managed to get rid of the Breezehome lights by removing everything with the category "light" by browsing the Breezehome cell in FNVedit. Just search for the refIDs (not formIDs), then type

prid <refID>

markfordelete

I my efforts to open my current safegame with FNVedit keep failing. I managed to open a safegame by copying the standard header of an .esp into it via text editor. I can browse some categories, but it keeps crashing as soon as I try to open cells. :/

Any suggestions?

I didn't take out anything that was in the house except the Crates and the Blue walls and added a stairway down from the alchemy room. Them made an underground cell from the arch stone parts like

the compions sleeping quaters and put my workshop in that, I put the ambient light in by tcl and walking to wher I wanted it with my feet being the marker and Player.Place, it put

the light just under my feet. I only used FNVedit to find codes.

How do i keep items from moving around or falling from shelves ive placed them? it seems to only happen to certain items like low grade gems or the blade of woe.

It seems it's all in how you quick save as you place stuff and doing a hard save at right time. I haven't quite mastered that yet, been fighting with a kettle.

On a slightly different note, I went back to another Char and jezz do I miss the changes lol, gotta ask myself do I want to do all that all over again for each new char

till CK

Edit:

Almost forgot,..

The changes I mad inglude a staiway down to a lower level that seems full of fog, as a result the roon is hazy as.

Do we need over light the rooms to burn it out?, sad if we do

Thanks for the tip.

When the ck is released will i be able to easily and efficiently do renovations in the ck and export them to my game without having to muck around with spatial coordinations in the console? also, is there a steep learning curve in that sort of modding?

The modifications you do with console seems to be saved with your savegames, so im not sure how that plays out with the CK, it's been too long since i played around with it.

Learning to mod with the CK depends on your intereset, i would say modifying hexadecimals like we have to do now might have a steep learning curve, i imagine many find that kind of work abit frustrating for some after a while, but in the end everything comes down to your interest for modding. If you are a guy that does not give up or loose intereset easily you will probably learn things fast, but if staying with problems proves to be a challenge to your patience to much it might get difficult, so i would say the learning curve depends on interest.

However from previous experience with most creation kits (aurora toolset for neverwinter series, earlier TESCK, G.E.C.K and various map makers) i find them a little challenging when you are at the bottom of the learning curve, but as you progress and learn, more doors and possibilities will open. To be a cell creator you just need an eye for detail and be creative, knowledge will come in time and before you know it, you suddenly know what you are doing.

Hi - i have searched a lot for the object ids for regular bookshelves - not the ones you can actually place books in - i'm well aware of the problems with these - i'm talking about normal shelves, for example the ones in the solitude house in the basement in the alchemy section, i always dropped things - left the house - saved - came back and arranged them in those shelves - i searched the whole fusromod section and read 15 pages of this thread but noone seems to even talk about them - can anyone help - thank you - i'm kind of stuck now renovating my house in riften because of this - also i wondered what the ids for the shelves on the wall are - or can anyone tell me the keyword i have to put in the console (help xxx 0) ?

thanx very much!

Try these. I think these are what you are after from your description:

000c29db NobleShelf02

000c29dc NobleShelf03

000c29f5 NobleShelf04

(ETA) 000c4be5 NobleWallShelf01 (Wall shelves)

I'm wondering if it would be an idea to create a seperate thread for requested IDs instead of this as it could 'muddy the waters' of this thread?

Hi! Thank you very much for the id's - where did you get/find them? i don't have the fallout series and thus i don't have the editor to grab the object id's ingame - i tried help shelf 0 as i already did a few times but it won't give me any id's like the one for the 'common' shelfs - the wooden series, which you can find for example in windhelm next to the alchemy table (may i bother you for these id's if you have them ready or stumble across this kind of furniture ingame?)

a seperate thread would be nice, although there are the pages already mentioned in this thread which are quite extensive and perhaps should be build on- that's why i was so surprised that i didn't find any ids for open shelves - i just searched again a little bit and still can't find any - i wouldn't ask for id's on this thread otherwise

thanx again for any shelf id's which are out there :) -