[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

Experimented with the void in my Whiterun house, has no effect on the cell loading or crashing. Going through the Proudspire manor and making some changes that will hopefully fix the problem. My problem could be that this is a full renovation of the house. the only floor I am leaving untouched is the main floor kitchen area. Seems like there is a limit to how many things you can have in a single cell. Through this renovation though I did discover that you can indeed remove light sources with mouse clicking. The problem is, that you cant have anything behind the light, no walls or anything like that, just the void. If someone already discovered this then sorry for the regurgitated info. Thanks guys
I did'nt know that you could remove lights like that, thanks for the info! I mostly mod my house with tessnip these days and remove lightning by cycling through reference id's, but this might make it easier, removing walls just to disable the lighting and then enable them after you remove the light. A nice little trick to know if you accidently save your game after you place lighting in a place you don't want it.A tip if your house continues to fail, empty all your storage and do a "resetinterior" remember though, this one completely restores your house, so anything you built since you got it will be gone. Note that also disabled objects will not come back unless you enable them again. Everything you used "markfordelete" on however, will come back.I used this as a worst case scenario where i ran into serious troubble with my house. If you have disabled a lot of items, you can always find the reference id's with fnvedit and try to enable everything you previously disabled.

Been playing with the idea of reseting. I really don't want to after hours of work. I ended up deleting a section just to see what would happen, on leaving and re-entering the manor loaded just fine. I think that my... OCD/creative side just went a little bit insane. Lots of objects.

Here is some of what I did, currently in the process of deciding how best to balance the elements I want with the games ability to cope.

I dont want to delete it, I love my Arcane/alchemy room.

http://tether-cat.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps

Oh forgot to mention, it can be difficult to select half omni lights with the mouse. The more concentrated the light the better. There are other lights that you cant select at all, I really don't like how blinding some of the walls get with the lighting effects. Hurts to look at.

Edited by SpiralDynasty

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing with the idea of reseting. I really don't want to after hours of work. I ended up deleting a section just to see what would happen, on leaving and re-entering the manor loaded just fine. I think that my... OCD/creative side just went a little bit insane. Lots of objects.

Here is some of what I did, currently in the process of deciding how best to balance the elements I want with the games ability to cope.

I dont want to delete it, I love my Arcane/alchemy room.

http://tether-cat.de...?catpath=scraps

Oh forgot to mention, it can be difficult to select half omni lights with the mouse. The more concentrated the light the better. There are other lights that you cant select at all, I really don't like how blinding some of the walls get with the lighting effects. Hurts to look at.

You can always, take some time writing down positions/angles and object id's, that way you have to do it all over again, but you know the positions and angles you had on the most important objects, i did that to my house in hjerim because i completely ruined it, i also made a script that would enable every object i disabled in the house by using "<ref.id>.enable (example : 000874D3.enable), i had a 2 paged A4 paper full of ID's with positions etc so i could start anew with multiple savegames to make sure i got it right. I requires a lot of extra work, but worth it if you are running into problems that could potentially break your game-experience.

The oppertunity to remove lighting will be a blessing for me, i accidently placed 2 lights in my house and forgot about them, one of them bugs out some lighting in the house so that one of the walls are covered in shadow at all times unless i look at it from certain angles, i just need to get that light removed and the house will be as i want it.

You can always, take some time writing down positions/angles and object id's, that way you have to do it all over again, but you know the positions and angles you had on the most important objects, i did that to my house in hjerim because i completely ruined it, i also made a script that would enable every object i disabled in the house by using "<ref.id>.enable (example : 000874D3.enable), i had a 2 paged A4 paper full of ID's with positions etc so i could start anew with multiple savegames to make sure i got it right. I requires a lot of extra work, but worth it if you are running into problems that could potentially break your game-experience.The oppertunity to remove lighting will be a blessing for me, i accidently placed 2 lights in my house and forgot about them, one of them bugs out some lighting in the house so that one of the walls are covered in shadow at all times unless i look at it from certain angles, i just need to get that light removed and the house will be as i want it.

Yeah I just emailed someone who has done a lot of the cool housing mods, I am hoping that he can help me get this straightened out. However, recording positions and resetting that cell might be something I will just end up doing. Like I said in my first post I am new to modding and honestly I have just gotten the hang of using console commands to edit the house, so file editing software is something I would like to move into. I am hoping the creation kit is a little more intuitive.

Yes those lights can be tricky to get sometimes, only reason I stumbled on it was from deleting the entire upstairs area of proudspire (that bedroom and sitting area, never use the upstairs for some reason) and I saw those giant blinding lights that I did not like originally.

i will see if he can help me, and if not then I guess its record/reset and try again.

Folks,

Here's some screenshots of my place. Hopefully they will provide inspiration for someone:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023396781/screenshots/

These are completely built from scratch and every single item/object was placed and oriented manually. Not a single original part of the Breezehome house remains. Also, everything you see is made from static objects. I really hate bumping into stuff and having baskets and kettles spill stuff everywhere so I used static, unmovable furniture.

Oh, and one more thing: In case anyone is interested, here's a few more hints I've discovered that might help with the creative process:

1) I mentioned earlier that you can find a LOT of the spell effects and pretty lights under the Art Object category, so there is that.

2) If you go into your magic inventory and you like the swirly lights and colors, you can actually place those in the world by searching the STATIC page for MAGINV. For example, 9DB72 (MAGINVIceSpellArt) is the code for the floating ice spike that you see on the magic screen. These are NOT the spell/shout effects (casting/hands/impact, etc), they are just their representations in the magic inventory.

3) There are a lot of cool items in the "Undefined" category (UNDF). Don't be afraid to spend an hour or two searching through the Undefined page for cool stuff. You can find entire ships, additional lighting/spell/weapon effects, almost all the city banners, etc.

4) In the same vein as #3, I've noticed some objects being placed in REALLY weird categories. For example, some of the Nightingale banners are listed under the "Flowers" category. Go figure??? Point being, some stuff is listed in weird places. Just because you search for the word "Crate" or "Banner" under the static objects, that's not all the crates and banners in the world. You'll need to do some legwork but you can uncover some amazing stuff that can be used in lots of ways.

Check out my screenshots and hope this info helps people.

Edited by pmg123

and I saw those giant blinding lights that I did not like originally.

You didn't, by any chance, write down what the refID was for them did you? I really want to kill that overly bright blue light in the top of Proudspire and put one a little less intense.

You didn't, by any chance, write down what the refID was for them did you? I really want to kill that overly bright blue light in the top of Proudspire and put one a little less intense.

There is a light in the upper stairwell 000E263F

A beam of light in the upper area 000E2CD4

wall straight ahead in the upper area more light 000e2636

Ball of light upper area near beam 000E2637

ball of Light near bdrm door 000E263A

Light haze above bdrm door 000E2639

Light haze above stairs 000E263B

Light haze right of stairs 000e263c

Yet another ball of light near beam 000e2638

Ball of light looking straight off the balcony at that window 000e2635

Light haze around balcony left side window 000e2634

Light haze bottom floor down from balcony 000e2633

Light haze top floor upper window near balcony 000E263D

Bedroom right hand window 000E2641

Bedroom Left hand window 000E2640

Believe this is another light upper area 000E2638, double check before making perma

So blinding. Make sure to check these as you delete them 95% sure that these are all the white lights in the upper area.

There is a light in the upper stairwell 000E263F

A beam of light in the upper area 000E2CD4

wall straight ahead in the upper area more light 000e2636

Ball of light upper area near beam 000E2637

ball of Light near bdrm door 000E263A

Light haze above bdrm door 000E2639

Light haze above stairs 000E263B

Light haze right of stairs 000e263c

Yet another ball of light near beam 000e2638

Ball of light looking straight off the balcony at that window 000e2635

Light haze around balcony left side window 000e2634

Light haze bottom floor down from balcony 000e2633

Light haze top floor upper window near balcony 000E263D

Bedroom right hand window 000E2641

Bedroom Left hand window 000E2640

Believe this is another light upper area 000E2638, double check before making perma

So blinding. Make sure to check these as you delete them 95% sure that these are all the white lights in the upper area.

Thanks much, that helps a lot!

Does anybody know what the code for the jail cells are ? Or at least the "walls" for them ? Cause I'm getting tired of looking xP xD And also Does anyone know the code for torchure bed and things like that ? Would be a lot of help thanks ! =)

Cages

CE0AE

CE0AD

AA041

Rack

AA045

You can get doors from 'help cage 0' I don't have those codes written down but there is 3 of them I think.

NP on those lights :)

Wish you luck

thanks guys