skyrim nexus not working ;(

theshadygamer99

A mod i wanted was not on steam workshop so i went to the skyrim nexus and i made an account and all was fine an dandy, and then when i tried to click download nexus mod manager it wouldn't do anything and i restarted my computer and tried a different browser and it still would not work. So i looked up how to install mods manually and when i clicked the button to download the mod manually it changed from desc to files, but it was still showing the description, therefore nothing had changed. I have tried many things and it still will not work, plz help

Hello,

Make sure your AD-blocker / antivirus / antispyware, or equivalent browser extension, doesn't block elements in the web page, (scripts) Create appropriate exception rules if necessary. Make sure your OS internet options / security are on default.

Good luck.

A mod i wanted was not on steam workshop so i went to the skyrim nexus and i made an account and all was fine an dandy, and then when i tried to click download nexus mod manager it wouldn't do anything and i restarted my computer and tried a different browser and it still would not work. So i looked up how to install mods manually and when i clicked the button to download the mod manually it changed from desc to files, but it was still showing the description, therefore nothing had changed. I have tried many things and it still will not work, plz help

I went to see if I could download NMM and got a pop-up message stating that they are having problems with their download site. The pop-up includes a direct link you can click to download the manager. For your convenience, I am posting it in this reply so you can give it a try.

http://nmm.nexusmods.com/Releases/4.5/Nexus%20Mod%20Manager-0.61.23.exe

I hope this helps.

As said BBen46 here, <Quote = If you are using the combination of Windows 8.1 and Chrome - they are not cooperating with each other right now - Not something that Nexus can fix. Just use a different browser. Win8.1 works fine with Firefox or IE - and just about any other browser except Chrome.>