Dual wielding daedric swords of 327 damage each...

ericdude88

Honestly, they could fix the crafting VERY easily. REMOVE INGREDIENTS FROM VENDORS. Or seriously reduce the amount that they sell and the rate at which they get new stock. I say remove it all though. I can get 30 iron ingot and leather strips from Warmaiden blacksmiths in whiterun, EVERY DAY. If you have to mine all of the ore yourself, well, then people would actually make use of the smelter, and you would ACTUALLY have to go out and explore to level it up! Imagine that? And IMO, a blacksmith in real life going through all the trouble of tanning the leather and smelting the ore himself, would not just sell you the raw materials. They want to make money off of the finished product.

Ehm, but you do not need to buy from blacksmith, right ?

So, where is the problem ? Feel free to go to the wilderness and hunt animals for skins and go to the mines to mine the ore. This possibility is already in the vanilla game and it is not necessary to fix anything.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, they could fix the crafting VERY easily. REMOVE INGREDIENTS FROM VENDORS. Or seriously reduce the amount that they sell and the rate at which they get new stock. I say remove it all though. I can get 30 iron ingot and leather strips from Warmaiden blacksmiths in whiterun, EVERY DAY. If you have to mine all of the ore yourself, well, then people would actually make use of the smelter, and you would ACTUALLY have to go out and explore to level it up! Imagine that? And IMO, a blacksmith in real life going through all the trouble of tanning the leather and smelting the ore himself, would not just sell you the raw materials. They want to make money off of the finished product.

Ehm, but you do not need to buy from blacksmith, right ?

So, where is the problem ? Feel free to go to the wilderness and hunt animals for skins and go to the mines to mine the ore. This possibility is already in the vanilla game and it is not necessary to fix anything.

True. This was more of an idea to fix the bitching. But then there would be bitching that it's too hard to level up those skills. Just like too many dragons, not enough dragons, game is too easy, game is too hard.

I also think that people forget how long they have been playing this game. Play any other game for 100 hours and see how excited you are to open it up. It's called diminishing returns!

:-) Only 100 hours ??

I paid approx. 60 euro for Skyrim and I suppose that I will have fun for at least one year (five years with mods).

This is the reason, why I am not using fast travel and why I am trying to play "naturally". It means, when I am travelling somewhere and it is the evening in game, I am trying to find nearest village/city/inn, drink and eat a bit, sleep in the bed etc.

I am really looking forward to some mod which will allow camping, cooking on the campfire and sleeping on bedroll, together with mandatory sleep, eat, drink.

After finishing any quest, I return to my home, take a week off (just sleeping, cooking, doing some Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing, selling loot, drinking in pub during evening etc.) and after a week of rest, I am prepared for another quest.

It works ok in real life. I do not have all day for playing, only two-three hours during evening. One day, I make a quest, second day I have a "week off" in game, third day another quest...

They DO level with you. You just broke the game with your min/maxing. Seriously, if you want to play the game without breaking it, don't combine any of the tradeskills with another.

Well, all i did was max out enchanting and smithing. Once i did that, i enchanted some cheap gauntlets, clothing, necklaces and rings with +25% smithing effectiveness (all using grand soul gems and enchanter's elixir). Once i did that, i wore those clothes, giving me a +100% smithing bonus, and then drink a blacksmith's elixir, maxing me out to 150%. Then i improve my weapons. After, i craft my daedric full suit of armor, then with another enchanter's elixir, enchant a +44% bonus to one-handed damage to all armor that can possibly be enchanted with this ability (gauntlets, boots, ring and necklace). That's how i get my overkill armor and weapons lol...

This right here, is exactly why you're having no fun. If you min/max Skyrim, then of course it will become easy almost immediately. If you want a challenge, I suggest you introduce a little roleplaying into your game.

1. Don't fast travel.

2. Don't pick up more than ONE crafting profession to put perks into. I suggest Smithing or Alchemy.

3. Don't allow yourself to reload when you make a mistake. Play it out and see what happens.

4. Do not buy loot/potions from vendors. Only use the items found within dungeons.

5. Turn your brightness down to about 1/4 the bar. Makes the game more dark and engaging when you can't see your enemy right away.

6. Make sure you're on Master difficulty.

7. Don't use any trainers.

8. Don't use a companion.

These are just a few things I personally do to enhance my fun with Skyrim. The easier you make the game, the easier it will be to become God.