Do u like the Elves look or no?

lochlan1414

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like the Look of the Elves in This Game?

• Yes
    • No
    • I think it works for Skyrim but i hope next game they change it

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said I minded that Bethesda made the elves look this way..much more Morrowind style, but I wish to have more options on the character creator. Making the elves different from other humanoids is a good thing (like them not sharing all the same meshes, etc.) Any issues from now on out I am sure will be resolved with mods. However if the PC didn't exist I may not be as happy on my choices.

I don't know. I want my elves to look majestetic and proud, with a bit of arrogance on top. Which means I lean more towards "pretty, barbie ,blood elf" look than "mix between human and troll" look. However, in Oblivion they were hideous!, so this is a stepup. Sort of. I guess.

Eh, I don't know!

The Altmer look snobby and vindictive, the Dunmer look cynical and vicious, and the Bosmer look wild and savage. I think it's a vast improvement from Oblivion. In Oblivion, unless you were a beast race or an orc, everyone looked the same except for the skin color. No they're not classically beautiful like elves in LOTR and that's fine with me, although I have to admit some of them are attractive in a rather alien and exotic way. Good thing, because I don't have the luxury of mods on the XBox. :biggrin:

thats a diffucult one.

First, Yes I like them and No they are not pretty.

I think Beth did right, the elves in Skyrim fit in. They are somehow shown as normal and not godly creatures. The reason why so many are disappointed though, is not because Bethesda did wrong but they are used to these "Orlanda Bloom" type Elves. All of them looking like superstars. I am sure you can realize that this would not fit in the game.

Worry not though, once the Creation Kit is out this will be one of the first things to be modded. I am very sure about that.

While i lament the lack of choices when customising the faces (all of them, not just the Mer) i applaud the move back towards the concept art and design scheme of the Mer which has persisted since time immemorable.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l560/lokimatrix/Merkab%20Skyrim/screen3.png

This is Merkab. Sent by the High council of Valenwood in order to infiltrate the ranks of the Companionship circle and the Imperial political-class for nothing less than ravaging retribution for the killings of the Mer children in he woods of Valen.

Edited by scatlm

I enjoy the Dunmer returning to their rugged, threatening appearance from Morrowind. In Oblivion, they were just way too... friendly. Dunmer were meant to look threatening, borderline monstrous, that's the reason they got so much dislike.

Bosmer also additionally look more like what they should, they are rugged hunters in skyrim, not the skittish keebler elves of Oblivion.

The Altmer are odd though. I thought they were supposed to be the fair-skinned, most pleasant looking of the elves. Instead, they just look like tall, yellow Dunmer. But far less pleasant.

Orsimer, on the other hand, now look more Orcish, whereas they were just kind of dumb looking in Oblivion. Now they look beastly, and monsterous, as orcs should. OrsiMER = elves btw, in case there are those who don't already know that.

Edited by Miraboreasu