Gun models and hand placement

Aries14482

I'm playing around with Nifscope trying to learn how to shift a model closer or farther from the screen in first person. I can shift the model in the X, Y, or Z axis, but when I do, the hands in first person no longer match up with the weapon model. I can't figure out how to move the hands to the weapon instead of always moving the weapon to the hands.

I've noticed some mod makers' weapons, including the player's hands, are farther away from the screen in first person than the vanilla models and now I'm curious how this was done.

To further Dazz's explanation.

If this were skyrim a few years ago then yes they would have been able to modify animations.

However the tools to do so got bought up by microsoft and now cost a crapload of money to buy even basic versions of.

In short no more mod makers being able to create animations.

In short no more mod makers being able to create animations.

If this were the case, there wouldn't already be custom animation mods available (Grab The Damn Mag) or in development (cedaie's HK416). Pretty much every mod author that has access to the Havok content tools is willing to share them with anyone that asks, but the real problem is that making animations is a significantly rarer skillset than making things like models, textures or scripts - most likely because making animations requires a lot more work. What we need is someone talented at making animations (like Hyper or Arby26), but none of them seem to have any interest in Fallout 4 (or are busy with real life/other projects/etc) and you can't expect people to develop for a game they aren't interested in playing themselves.

Anyway, this is all pretty off topic but the point is: it's completely possible to make new animations for Fallout 4, it's just a very uncommon skillset.

Edited by Tukster