Difficult Game?

cantgobacknow

Nothing is 'a must' in the game, as there's usually more than one way to skin a cat. Would a Paladin partake in a little alchemy (I'm not really 'in the know' on what a Paladin is, beyond a Mr. Nice Guy, which would describe my characters so far in the game)? Some nice fire effect poisons applied to your weapon of choice would be good. The Alchemy Calculator is a useful tool. My favourite (that I've named 'A Flaming Dead' so it appears near the top of my potions list) is Spiddal Stick, Steel-Blue Entoloma Cap and St. Jahn's Wort Nectar, but you'll need to be at least alchemy level 75 unless you have Shivering Isles ingredients.

If you're only going to hack and slash, make sure you're getting bang for your buck in weapons ... i.e. high damage with low weight. Enchanting a Fine Steel Longsword with a fire damage sigil stone will provide a large sized fire damage, fairly good weapon damage for the 21.6 lbs weight, and good weapon speed and reach. I personally don't like fire damage close in weapons because of the way the fire effect obscures my view, but I'm a 1st person view type of guy (I'm sure it's not so bad for the 3rd person view crowd). An absorb health enchanted via sigil stone is another way to go. Like I said ... many ways to skin a cat (or troll).

If you can't get a Troll below 95% hp you are doing something seriously wrong. I cannot tell exacly what, though. Fire is good vs Trolls, but you shouldn't need to use it - my Paladin completed the "A brush with death"-quest rather easily without using any turpentine at all. And I play at 60% difficulty.

For me, they hit HARD. Perhaps as much as 20 - 30% of my health per hit.

Are you using power attacks? Are you using a shield and blocking? Note that it is often better to avoid enemy attacks. Wait for the monster to charge a big attack, move out of the way, then go in and hit it a few times. Rinse and repeat.

What is a power attack?

I block often. I try to attack immediately after the enemy attacks, or any time I feel the enemy won't or can't attack.

How high is your Endurance and your HP? You will want to raise Endurance every level until 100, especially as a melee character.

I'll check after work. But I have been raising Endurance every level. I may not have raised it on one level up, but as a rule I raise it.

My Paladin had Heavy Armor, Blade, Block, Armor, Destruction, Restoration and Alteration. You could easily configure some Destruction skills to resemble Paladin skills, for instance I used an area effect, damage over time fire spell that I named "Consecration". :)

A WOW player huh? :) I don't play anymore, but I've an 85th level tank.

Have you see that they are introducing, more or less, Kung Fu Panda? I'm sure they don't call it that of course, but they are introducing both a Panda Race, and Kung Fu... The Panda Express has been a long running joke in WOW since it was first released or so.

Power attacks are skill perks you get as you level-up. You do them by attacking while also holding the appropriate movement key, so the do take a little real world skill as well to time everything. Here's a link to the UESP Wiki page on Skill Perks.

Power attacks are skill perks you get as you level-up. You do them by attacking while also holding the appropriate movement key, so the do take a little real world skill as well to time everything. Here's a link to the UESP Wiki page on Skill Perks.

Oh, yes. I only have one. If I attack and strafe I can disarm the opponent. I've never actually seen it work.

Not that I've skinned an actual cat, but where you cut the skin and then peel it off the animal is at least in part determined by what the skin is going to be used for. You could for example, cut the skin up the back sides of the rear legs and then peel the skin from the carcass from back to front, leaving you with a 'tube' of skin (and only the single seam to sew along the back legs if you were doing a mount of the animal, and wanted the belly exposed, as in a cat on it's hind legs. Or you could open the skin along the belly and inside the upper back legs if you wanted a crouching to attack mount. If you were skinning to use the skin for clothing you'd do it in a manner that allowed the maximum amount of undamaged high quality fur (i.e. no cuts in the best parts).

Perhaps a common expression for a skill that's uncommon these days (as I can hear the "Yuks!!", and "Gross!!" comments already, and I haven't even hit the 'Post' button yet).

I'm sure there's a percent chance of success modifier in there, probably flavoured by your Luck attribute. I find the backwards power attack the hardest to time right. Sometimes I'll just back myself into a corner or rock so that I don't actually move backwards when doing it. Even then I don't get the knockdown every time.

How high is your Endurance and your HP?

Health: 188

Fatigue: 223

Strength: 69

Intelligence: 52

Willpower: 60

Agility: 27 (it is red)

Speed: 40

Endurance: 67 (it is red also)

Personality: 48

Luck: 50

Level: 12

Blade: 64

Block: 41

Heavy Armour: 62

etc

What do the stats in red mean? I suspect that means they've been affected negatively, and perhaps can be restored?

Turns out my endurance is 68 (it was only reduced by 1).

Edited by cantgobacknow