Playing as a dog in skyrim

necKros

can you guys help me? I keep crashing when I try to load any of those files look

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1053/keepcrashing1.jpg

You need the new .xml file. Add me on Windows Live and i'll send it to you. jackalhead at live dot com

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Neckros, so I am getting so close I can taste it, but when I go to save the file over the original skeleton.nif of the creature, I get an error that says "failed to sanitize blocks order, corrupt nif tree? invalid link" Then it appears to have saved it, but when I try to do player.setrace mudcrab in game, it crashes and exits the game.

What I am doing is right clicking the camera block on the character's skeleton.nif and copying and pasting the block at the end of the creature's. Can you tell me the *correct* way to do this please? I also have a ton of people on the forums who just added me on windows live who would love to know how to do it too.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/394/tesv2011112721122962.jpg

I am having fun playing as a giant :) all the animations work too! thanks

Sixrazor taught me how to do it. :] Thank you sixrazor and thank you OP for showing is it can be done. Here is a quick step by step tutorial I wrote up to show any readers how to do it.

How to Fix Camera for Monster Races

1. Open up two copies of NifSkope. In one of them, have the character skeleton.nif open and in the other have the monster’s skeleton.nif file open.

2. Right click 259 NiNode Camera3rd etc and select Block, Copy Branch.

3. Right click on the very top Node of your monster’s nif file (should be 0BSFadeNode) and select Block, Paste Branch.

4. Go down to the new Skeleton.nif node and the 4 sub nodes that were just created under it and copy and paste over the text entries of each of them that are on your character’s skeleton.nif file.

5. Save and replace the original monster’s skeleton.nif file and you’re good to go.

--------------

Now, I noticed the non-bipedal characters can't attack because they have no animation rigged. Anyone have any ideas how we can do a work around on this? Everyone on here seems to want to play as a dragon and what's the point in doing that if you can't shout and attack people? :P

I'm playing as a draugr! :D I also found out how to play as any variation of anything. Any variation of dragon, draugr, dragon priest, skeleton, you name it.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/377213_10150579835128266_711268265_11987922_279875957_n.jpg

Sixrazor taught me how to do it. :] Thank you sixrazor and thank you OP for showing is it can be done. Here is a quick step by step tutorial I wrote up to show any readers how to do it.

How to Fix Camera for Monster Races

1. Open up two copies of NifSkope. In one of them, have the character skeleton.nif open and in the other have the monster’s skeleton.nif file open.

2. Right click 259 NiNode Camera3rd etc and select Block, Copy Branch.

3. Right click on the very top Node of your monster’s nif file (should be 0BSFadeNode) and select Block, Paste Branch.

4. Go down to the new Skeleton.nif node and the 4 sub nodes that were just created under it and copy and paste over the text entries of each of them that are on your character’s skeleton.nif file.

5. Save and replace the original monster’s skeleton.nif file and you’re good to go.

--------------

Now, I noticed the non-bipedal characters can't attack because they have no animation rigged. Anyone have any ideas how we can do a work around on this? Everyone on here seems to want to play as a dragon and what's the point in doing that if you can't shout and attack people? :P

Hey, sorry for not replying earlier, I was sleeping. Stupid human habits keeping us from modding...

Well, considering all races share the same data structure, I'd say it will be not only possible to complete the mission actions on cuadrupedal skeletons, but also to add new ones to any race. This is only speculation right now, we'll have to wait till the CS (this sentence is like a mantra these days) to find out.

Also, Jackalhead, can you elaborate in the variation thing?

Edited by necKros