Playing as a dog in skyrim

necKros

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this question sounds completely noobish, but where do you go to look for the skeleton files for Skyrim? Do you need another program along with NIFSkope to extract them out of a game file?

It appears I am unclear in my issue:

Where do you find the skeleton.nif files? I've done multiple searches, for hidden files and not, and have had no results.

Edited by IxionInc

So a lot of people already found out how to play as dragonpriest and other fun stuf, when i first read about the setrace command i thought my dreams come true, after i tried setrace dragonpriestrace i got proven the opposite as my camera is hugging the ground completely.

So ive noticed that a certain change in the nif.file helps and we even got a screenshot, however im a total numbnut when it comes to nifskope or blender or any of the modeling programs.

Edit okay, i tried what Jackalhead wrote:

How to Fix Camera for Monster Races

1. Open up two copies of NifSkope. In one of them, have the character skeleton.nif open and in the other have the monster’s skeleton.nif file open.

2. Right click 259 NiNode Camera3rd etc and select Block, Copy Branch.

3. Right click on the very top Node of your monster’s nif file (should be 0BSFadeNode) and select Block, Paste Branch.

4. Go down to the new Skeleton.nif node and the 4 sub nodes that were just created under it and copy and paste over the text entries of each of them that are on your character’s skeleton.nif file.

5. Save and replace the original monster’s skeleton.nif file and you’re good to go.

Step 4 however is kinda unclear for me, everytime i try to paste over one of the entrys , nothing happens. I'm not even sure if i got the correct entries as there is just written "the text entries". :blink:

Everything gets named skeleton.nif and stays that way for some reason.

http://666kb.com/i/bz2x5wety6a6jqah2.gif

Edited by acran2004

block name index in the PC skeleton.nif is probably longer than the priests.. so basically you just get the first block name from the list slapped in if you copy anything that is named something past the last one on the priests list. you can just manually add anything to the block name index.. just click the txt icon in the name value and type.

Edited by Ghogiel

block name index in the PC skeleton.nif is probably longer than the priests.. so basically you just get the first block name from the list slapped in if you copy anything that is named something past the last one on the priests list. you can just manually add anything to the block name index.. just click the txt icon in the name value and type.

uhm, the box in the lower section of nifskope, right? from what i get i simply have to rename the blocks, or am i wrong? what confuses me a bit is that the number after the blockname changes itself after renaming.

What exactly is that number?

i think im mistaking "blocks" for the entries in the block.

Edited by acran2004