Tutorial: 3ds Max Skinned Meshes Into Game

Vannus

Hi, company and thanks for this thread!

I have the next problem - when all the meshes (body, gloves, boots...) are exported to nif and working ingame (BSDismemberSkinInstance and BSLightingShaderProperty are set) when I try to use NiTriShape - Texture - Edit UV it says "Could not load texture data for UV editor." Import and export options are as instructed. It was working before the Nifskope update and it was very useful to fix details like making seamles chainmail on the body. Could it be fixed?

Edited by jojjo

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I am getting those strange shadows artefact ingame on the nif and i have no idea where they can come from ... anyone coudl provide me an idea why the nif generates those shadows?

I checked the model source and there are no floating vertices or planes or other stuff that may cast those ....

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2159/weirdshadows.jpg

I a mreally getting mad about this , hnow the latest test I did is take the _1 female body mesh I Did ( that works fine ) and pushed the vertices with a lattice ( under the stack modifier ) to reach the shape of the female _0 vanilla ...

well this is the result on right the fine working model on left the eird shadows ....

I haven't altered the model at all and it morphs fine .... but those damn shades appear and I have no idea where they come from .... !!!

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/2787/89608291.jpg

Hi, company and thanks for this thread!

I have the next problem - when all the meshes (body, gloves, boots...) are exported to nif and working ingame (BSDismemberSkinInstance and BSLightingShaderProperty are set) when I try to use NiTriShape - Texture - Edit UV it says "Could not load texture data for UV editor." Import and export options are as instructed. It was working before the Nifskope update and it was very useful to fix details like making seamles chainmail on the body. Could it be fixed?

had that couple of times can't remember how i fixed it

Hi I am getting those strange shadows artefact ingame on the nif and i have no idea where they can come from ... anyone coudl provide me an idea why the nif generates those shadows?

I checked the model source and there are no floating vertices or planes or other stuff that may cast those ....

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2159/weirdshadows.jpg

I get that a lot from using skin wrap or sometimes when two skin-wrapped objects overlap eachother.

Painting over those bad spots without blend weights fixes it. Do you get weird vertices pop out in the shadows when facing sunlight? You can identify where they are one the body through the shadows and paint over them. You have to be outdoors though.

I'm using 3ds 2012, have people had similar problems in other versions?

I get that a lot from using skin wrap or sometimes when two skin-wrapped objects overlap eachother.

Painting over those bad spots without blend weights fixes it. Do you get weird vertices pop out in the shadows when facing sunlight? You can identify where they are one the body through the shadows and paint over them. You have to be outdoors though.

I'm using 3ds 2012, have people had similar problems in other versions?

i douse 3dsmax 2o11 and in effect i used skinwrap to copy another body model skinweights ... But i did the same forthe _1 version and it doesnt have that problem ... It is also true that the prob is outside only .... May be some bad coding of bethesda? Some issues withbthe skinwrap on _0 models ? How u did solve that?

I checked and reweightened the vertices manually and The problem was due to some kind of import export error , basically what you said but the envelopes show a weigtening that is not really present on the vertexes or very subtle , anyway just putting away those vertices to 0 of the unwanted bone influence envelope fixed the problem ...

thanks a lot , really we shoudl make a list of all troubleshootings ... I woudl do but English is not my primary language and anyway I didn't read the whole thread ....

but this thread is definetly the reference to solve any problem ....

thanks again ...

Btw any wayto enable wireframe in game only for chars?

Yes PROMETHEUS_ts type twf in the console .

I know this because i have already done that to mine because im suffering a similar issue that ive pinpointed to the witcher geralts head. And like you i thought i may be a stray vertex BUT no:(

mine seems to directly follow the player viewpoint and casts shadows across parts of the model you can see the shadow line coming from his head both out doors and inside, i cant seem to figure this one out ? ive been thincking its the alpha on the hair but not sure.http://i44.tinypic.com/k9fgaq.png

oh i dont use skinwrap modifier i have a shortcut .

select the skyrim model your going to use to grab skin info from, and then editable mesh \ vertex mode.

Press ctrl+A to select all vertex's and use attach to attatch it to your custom model then press delete and your left with only your custom model but with all skin data applied.

Edited by AlphaWoIF