enderal put bethesda to shame.

Wouter445

now a question, if skyrim was like dragon age very hard to mod how would you rate it then?. i bet it would have died in 2 years time like DA:I have.

That simple, look into xbox and ps3 sales and play time, it not as strong, but still powerful and did live long.

Rating? I rate it average. It not bad but not very good.

DA;I is a very boring game (sexy landscaping though.) in terms of quests, areas, end game, loot and combat. You legit suffer playing it since it drags on for zero payoff. The only thing well done is the landscapes and npcs. I personally hate it to and throw it into the trash.

Edited by Boombro

I havent played DA:I yet but i was really surprised at how well done the characters were in DA 2.

In DA 1, you played a generic warden and your character interaction with the world and NPCs was like what you see in TES games : no voice, no personality, cookie cutter. In DA 2, there were less character generation options, but you played an actual character with an actual back story and developed relationships. Your character was no longer faceless or generic, he or she was an actual person. It was fun watching party members banther and interact with each other. TES games dont have any character interaction of that sort, your "follower" is basically a mindless slave and the extent of their interaction are a few lines of dialogue like "oooh look a cave!" and a bare bones "marriage" system. It doesnt feel like you or the people in it are alive the way DA 2 did it. Talking to NPCs in Skyrim is basically just fast forwarding through dialogue as much as possible.

Compare, for example, Hawke talking to any of the party members in the bar to the player in Skyrim talking to any quest NPC. Huge difference in immersion and storytelling.

Of course, DA 2 suffered by being less sand box and having way less mod support than TES games do. Its a trade off.

DAI is a boring game to play.

The only thing that made me go on is the great landscaping and story of npcs, the npcs are very well done imo. The areas are also breath taking. But it just, boring. While landscaping is better than beth, beth is better at making it comfy to travel, while roads don't show up on beth games. It not a chore to walk from point to another in terms of landscaping.

There is legit places in DAI that a chore to travel on, the mounts are not that well made (not speedy, can't combat etc) so you will walk most of the time, and by god, hope you wont aggro a bear on your way to the quest. Since mobs have large HP pools and need a full party to kill and they still tanky, and they will attack it.

The quests are so lacking, so boring, beth quests are better. That is saying something.

Examples "Go to this place that need a 10 mins walk and talk to tons of people in this large places with many levels to find my son for nothing at all."

And by god, the war table.

Simply some quests (aka 80% of them.) need the war table. You simply tell npcs that work for you to do task and you wait.

This can be from 10 mins, to an long hours. And for some quests located on some maps need the war table to unblock an arena. And nothing, nothing in the game says so.

So you can wonder around for a 40 mins and it a waste of time and you would never know.

I can go on, bad in your face-lore presentation (notes on politics in the main quest line.), in game shop (mounts.), most of the stuff you do in the game is useless for you other than exp, boring combat, meh end game, s*** leveled list etc etc etc.

The shittiest and most bs however is the ending. It a cliff hanger for dlc and has plot holes. I just insta-removed it right after since I was salty.

Edited by Boombro

yeah the story is beautiful but i don't know if the quests or the amounts of hours to complete/explore everything are the same i think Enderal has a smaller amount of stuff to do compared to normal Skyrim.

drunk post, deleted

• 2 years later...