Thieving -> Assassins

Sabatasso

It's in game nature that it want's you dead, so...

One of the flaws of the Bethsoft mindset: Bethsoft designs games that are Player versus Computer, whereas the game should have been Player with Computer.

I think it has more to do with fact that Bethesda never properly finished any game they made - they always leave "little" details that need fixing.

Here, one of them is this thieving -> assassins thing, there are also a bunch of other things like:

- no mounted combat or interaction with NPCs (horse),

- missing transformation werewolf -> human,

- no attacking while jumping,

- no spell creation, list goes on.

Their only statement and defense against not finishing game is that they want players to have something to mod, which makes sense - at least I would do the same thing on their place.

I also think that creation CK exists and it works - but it would be foolish to release it with game, this is all business/PR/marketing stuff I'm talking about.

Before release they hyped players on Skyrim, when hype starts going down - they will release CK which will add more hype, and that's how you sell game (1st stage) and keep sails going (2nd stage).

I have encountered people who are after me only two times so far. One was a Thalmor party (with a letter on them naming me as the target of revenge), after I ransacked their ambassy and left all guards dead, which is understandable. The other were a group of thugs with orders by the guard of Markarth to "teach me a lesson", but not to kill me. That happened after I started tangling with the murders there and the ongoing rebellion...knowing those guards are corrupt and who they work for, no big surprise really.

I have not been accosted for having stolen things yet, and I am on my 2nd play-through.

Did your attackers have any information on them, who sent them, or why? Or were they of a clearly identifiable faction you may have crossed swords with?

How do you know that it's the merchant who sent the assassins? In fact I have no idea why I'm suddenly targeted by assassins (and thugs too) all of a sudden. The instruction I found on the assassins did not mention who ordered the hit. I doubt it's for theft though, I think it's something else.

At one point I was in the middle of a quest when some mercenaries with the same kind of contract attacked me, and I was surrounded by the actual guards that supposedly had hired these guys to kill me. The guards helped me dispose of the mercs, though. That too makes no sense...

What ticks me off far more is that if you steal from bandits, the items you pickpocket are marked as stolen and city guards will confiscate them. WTF!? Like you care how I got this silver ring from a bandit?

Need we be reminded?

You think that's bad? I remember the old guards from Daggerfall. I still have nightmares about these bastards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CGW9P5Y9M

Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt!
Edited by Lucubration

Did your attackers have any information on them, who sent them, or why? Or were they of a clearly identifiable faction you may have crossed swords with?

I already said they had contracts naming me as target for assassination or death by any means, I may have forgotten to mention that I found the contracts in their pockets, but I kinda assumed that was obvious.

Edited by Sabatasso

I once had a bunch of hired thugs inside of a shop. We fought intense, and the shopkeeper almost died helping me!

I looked at the contract. Guess who sent them on me? ....

Why the heck would he almost get killed by the thugs he hired to kick my ass? :o

Oh, I once had an assassin try to kill me when a dragon came up close. Ancient dragon can really clean house! Ate the poor fellow at about 60% health.

Need we be reminded?

You think that's bad? I remember the old guards from Daggerfall. I still have nightmares about these bastards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CGW9P5Y9M

Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt! Halt!

Heh, do u also remember how they would come into your OWN HOME sometimes when u picked something up... and killing 1 summons 2 more.. and they slowly (after your standing in hundreds of dead bodies) upgrade so much that your looting daedric armor and weapons :D

Yea... i remember 'testing' some new spells there that were huge AOE's that drained health and magicka... game got so laggy cuz I had literally killed hundreds of thousands :D