I think I found Umbra...

uruku7

Part of me will miss that old thing, it was a device of pure inchoate evil, but it was also my sword through 197 hours of gameplay and over 90 levels of character, I used it for a long time, and came to know it pretty well, RIP I guess.

Yeah. Starting a fight at swinging range is never a good thing for a mage. I had to shout him down and run a way before collecting myself to give him a proper cremation.

After a quest, this Thalmor mage ambushed my fighter character near the dungeon exit, but instead of, you know, killing me from a distance, he went into swinging range to tell me that I do not stand a chance. Guess he metaphorically lost his head. Before losing it for real.

Ontopic: This Umbriel sounds like a nice place to raid in a possible DLC.

Umbra was really nothing more than an Ebony sword with a soultrap enchantment. But I was fond of that blade, and used it through most of Oblivion.

Bringing it back would seem to be non-canonical. Although it is not clear than everything in The Infernal City actually happened, at least some of it did. During the opening sequence of the game my Dunmer was introduced as "Another refugee from Vvardenfell", theoretically from the eruption of Red Mountain?

Yes, it's very clearly established in the game that Red Mountain erupted about 4 years after the Oblivion Crisis. The fact that the Dunmer are still being looked at as 'refugees' indicates to me that the Arognian invasion and occupation of much of sourthren Morrowind also happned.

However, there are offhanded comments about some places, like Mournhold, still being in existance.

I really wish they'd just release the second part of the damned story, cannon or not. I loved the Infernal City, but having it as a cliffhander is painful.