Places you've been?

Lehcar

What are the most exciting places you've ever been in the world?

IMO the only places of note I've ever been to is Copenhagen. Truly, it's a wonderful place - castles (I saw many of them, they're amazing but at the same time, sad to say a lot of them are quite empty, especially Kronborg, which sucks because it's the setting of Shakespeare's "Hamlet"), the Round Tower, Walking Street, and gardens. A loooot of loverly parks and well tended flowers and gardens. :wub:

There's also a lot of bicycles there. And I mean a LOT. Holy smokes, I'm not kidding - many, many people in that city are very avid bikers. Just go look around it on Google Earth in Street View, and you'll see dozens of bikers and bicycles chained up all along streets. You have to watch out for bicycles more than you do for cars!

In a lot of ways though it's very much a typical large city. Of course, anyone who lives in Europe or has visited there, knows that cities there are very different from those in North America - the cities there are a far older than any over here, the streets are very narrow because they were built long before automobiles existed, intended for horse drawn vehicles, so traffic over there is nightmarish and getting anywhere by vehicle takes a very long time. It's seriously a lot faster to bike or walk or take a train. The sidewalks are also quite narrow, and unlike here, there's no lovely patches or strips of grass to be seen. When I was there the sidewalks were just totally littered with dog feces. No one there seemed to EVER clean up after their dogs. Walking along one street you could come across more than a dozen piles of it. It was nasty.

There's also a LOT of crime in Copenhagen. And I mean a LOT. Things like breaking and entering, vandalism... it can really bring down one's morale. But in other ways, it is still a place of great beauty. :)

Though I have not had the pleasure of going to Europe yet, I am proud to say I have been all over my own country (United States.) I don't believe many folks that have not been here realizes how massively huge it is and the ease of which Americans travel. I think every place I go is exciting in some way or another.

I have been to Williamsburg, Virginia for Beer, theme parks and colonial recreations.

To Atlanta, Georgia for roller coasters and seeing where Sherman marched.

To Boston, Mass more times that I could count. For surgery but a few times for fun with Paul Revere's house and the North Side Church.

To Bar Harbor, Maine drinking blueberry beer and for the fall colors.

To Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, mainly for football and shopping at Station Square.

To Cincinnati, OH for..you guessed it roller coasters. Also football, baseball and Jimmy Buffet among others and Sandusky, OH for more roller coasters (Cedar Point) and to see Lake Erie.

To Chicago, Illinois where I sat in a rotating restaurant at the very top of the hotel hoping a plane from O'Hare didn't hit me.

To St. Louis, Missouri where I saw the Arch and my Mom woke up and saw it, then asked if we were at McDonalds.

To Charleston, South Carolina where I had mint julips and walked down by some lovely plantation houses.

To Durham, North Carolina where I spent some time at Duke University's campus and then went to Charlotte to see them play basketball.

To San Diego, California where I saw the Coronado Hotel and put my toes in the

pacific for the first time.

To Arizonia, where we drove to see the Grand Canyon, the Painted Dessert and the Petrified Forest on our way back from Las Vegas, Nevada..

where I saw the Hoover Dam and gambled away all my money...and saw more vices than I thought existed.

To Nashville, Tennessee where I saw a replica of the Parthenon and a 42 foot statue of Athena...then walked across the way and saw the Grande Old Opry.

To the blue grass hills of Kentucky to see champion horses race and women wearing big hats.

To Bethesda, Maryland where I did NOT see a certain game company.

To Washington, DC where I went to every museum I could. I even got to (as a kid) sit in the senate chambers right where some of our most leaders have sat...and carved in their desks.

To Juneau, Alaska where I saw humpback whales and their babies, glaciers and more beauty in one place that I could hold in my heart.

Hopefully I will make this list much longer before the ride is done.

@Lechar, the reason most of our castles are empty and only open a few hours for tourists, is because nobody wants to live there. The heating cost of a 370 room castle during a cold Danish winter, can scare even the wealtiest people away. Other than that, you´re right that CPH could be needing a clean up. That´s why I´m happy I do not live there any more.

Well, I have been to most countries in Europe, and a few outside:

Sweden (camping)

Norway (camping)

UK (family visit)

Germany (camping)

Holland (buissnes)

Belgium (buissness)

Luxumburg (big city hollyday)

France (big city hollyday & camping & visitng friends)

Austria (camping)

Zwitserland (camping)

Croatia (camping)

Serbia (camping)

Bosnia (camping)

Herzegovenia (camping)

Greece (camping)

Italy (camping)

Spain (camping)

Andora (camping)

Canaries (hotel)

Egypt (1-day visit)

Israel (study, buissnes, diving)

Jordan (1-day visit)

I've been all over the eastern, southern and mid-western US, with some time in the Western states (California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada) and Texas. Outside of the US, I went to Canada in 2005 with my grandfather for a month-long "fishing trip" with a few of his friends that lived there, Moscow in 2007, Mexico (I was there for less than 4 hours, but it was still Mexico), and Scotland to visit some family.

A few places I want to visit are Anchorage, London, Ireland (No city in specific), Berlin, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and Australia for at least a week each.

I've been to:

In Hawaii, I've been all over:

- Oahu

- Maui

- Island of Hawaii (Big Island)

- Kauai

Japan

- Tokyo

- Akihabara

- Nagoya

- Kyoto

- Nara

- Sapporo

- Osaka

- Kobe

- Hiroshima

Whistler, Canada

Austin, TX

Phoenix, AZ

Salt Lake City, UT

Chicago, IL

San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Jose, CA

Las Vegas, NV

I don't believe many folks that have not been here realizes how massively huge it is and the ease of which Americans travel.

This is one thing that makes me extremely envious, while I love dear old Blighty with its lakes, lochs, dales and moors its just too small.

I've got a mile eating 3 wheel piece of weirdness that I love to ride but I can just about do from one end of this little country to the other in a single day, kinda makes you feel a bit cramped.

Although in saying that, I can still nip off for a "ride out" and come back four days later, if I had a country the size of America to roam in, I'd be gone for months at a time.