bigds

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, a really long post

First off...

I like Alchemy in Skyrim

I like smithing (although needed mod to make arrows and break down clutter)

Companions can be quite helpful, if they can understand firing arcs and stay out of mine.

I like the no major and minor skill groups.

I like the Shouts, makes up for not casting with your hands full of steel. Makes more sense too.

I like the silent casting idea. (Haven't tried yet, does it allow for sneak attacks)

No particular order..Changes and additions:

Appearance of Character:

Wear more than one ring.

Cuirass, greaves, pauldrons seperate. mages get penalty for pauldrons, they need freedom of movement for casting. Get a cloak instead. If you look at Greek Hoplite armour, the greaves are actually on the shins and the legs are covered with a heavy skirt, like some Skyrim armours.

Layers. Plate armour has padding underneath as well as chainmail, with each protecting differntly; cloaks over armour.

See my body in 1st person and when carrying things. see Oblivion: Deadly Reflex or Crysis

I want to see what I'm wearing in the inventory view.

Smithing:

Learn the different smithing materials from books or teachers, not perks; more like learning spells.

Combine rings on a chain, like a charm bracelet as an amulet.

Enchanting can combine items (definitely a perk required to use). Also can learn the enchantment when combining, like alchemy, instead of destroying.

Bracelets (bracers not as armour, for mages who want the magic armour perks)

Remove limits to enchanting, I want to put enchantments on any item I choose.

Socket enchanting? Like Diablo and Sacred, clothing would be difficult, but armour, weapons, jewelry would be a piece of cake.

Armour and clothing is not gender specific. Armour doesn't automatically change shape. If I loot a male victim as a female PC, the armour should stay male and vice versa. Women can wear pants, men skirts and dresses if they want. Can also lead to cross-dressing characters.

Is there any Mithril around? How about Mithril mail like in LotR that can be worn under clothing? wouldn't add a FPS hit, just increase armour

Mail armours and plate armours of different materials. with layering. Mithril mail and Daedric plate...hmmm possibilties.

Runes (Nords are based on Vikings afterall) to go with sockets. Runes for enchanting too, you add a rune to a shield (or sword, hammer etc.) and the shield has that perk and it shows on the shield (decal)

How about bone smithing (including dragonbone), just heard a science program talking about a discovery of the tip of a bone spearpoint embedded in a Mastadon rib at a kill from a pre-Clovis people in North America

Magic:

Lycanthropy spells in Alteration school (more than just werewolf; like dragons, birds, snakes, rats: See the Druid mod for Oblivion) I liked the Demonized mod.

BRING BACK MYSTICISM! And all the spells removed from Oblivion.

Bring back spellmaking, I want to conjure a Xivilai and invisibility and heal in the same spell.

Spell and potion stacking.

Spell strength depends on magicka remaining.

Mighty Magic Reborn would be good.

Bring back contact spells (sneaking magic attack for more damage)

Modify a spell at a spell altar, so you don't end up with a bunch of useless spells taking up space.

Tattoo magic?

Phobias maybe?

How about a large magicka pool like Might Magic reborn, and spell charging? The more you charge, the more damage or longer duration but more magicka used. Duration /damage of bound weapons, or waterbreathing, invisibility, chameleon, resistances

Skills:

Some of the perks should be automatic.

If you want to pare down choices a player needs to make, remove the increase Magicka, Health, Stamina at level up. If you use more spells, your magicka goes up, carry more, your stamina and carryweight goes up. Injured more? Health goes up.

How about an immune system attribute? The higher the attribute, the higher resistance you have to poison, disease etc. Disease, poison, hunger, fatigue can all affect immune levels, and in turn susceptability. Resting, eating, and potions restore attribute, allows for diseases to be 'cured' automatically.

Skill use goes directly to leveling up, not the number of skill level ups. Standard in RPGs since D&D.

Attributes affect other skills. Strength increases bow damage, like the overdraw perk

Agility affects blocking and parrying and increases hit chances, because you get around an opponents shield or block.

Attributes increase with use, not increasing at level-up like oblivion, more like a skill.

Add Deadly Reflex- mounted combat, kicks, thrown items/weapons (can combine with spear-type weapons)

Add Unnecessary Violence.

Different Trees? (just thought of it, so its not a polished idea yet)

Melee combat: one tree with perks for different melee weapon types, combat styles. Dual wielding block as a perk. Hand to Hand

Ranged combat: Bows, spears, crossbows as perks

Armour Tree

Mage Tree (on top of magic schools like Destruction etc.):

• Staff skill- a bit like the wands in Harry Potter or LoTR Gandalf, no spell inherent in the staff itself but focuses the mage's energies. Can be used like a shield (Oblivion: offhand staves etc.) so a staff tree can add a impact-style perk, reduced magicka use, more damage. Staves of different strengths
  • Wand skill- Like Harry Potter just because.
  • Silent casting,
  • Dual casting so you only have to do it once

Miscellaneous:

REALISTIC WEAPON AND ARMOUR WEIGHTS!!! The heaviest two-handed long sword weighs no more than 6 pounds. Full steel plate, head to toe weighs 60 pounds.

Steel is lighter than iron and stronger. Stronger than bronze (good material for ancient weapons)

No recharging health

weapon combinations grouped together. If I switch to a bow (out of combat only perhaps) I would like to be able to equip bracers, ring and helmet (probably not full plate armour) with one button.

Mounts as companions, follows better, doesn't get in the way during combat, doesn't seek out and attack any hostile in the area (had mine die because of that more than once.) Dungeon Siege has this I think.

Pick up bodies (Deus Ex could do it)

Bring back the attributes: Strength, Intelligence, Willpower etc.

restore the removed skills (acrobatics etc)

the amount of damage done per swing depends on fatigue (stamina) less damage as you get tired, like with spells.

Corpses rot? I mean if you leave a body for a week, it becomes a skeleton (depending on what feeds on the corpse) then come back and you can get bonemeal or marrow from the bones.

More ingredients from bodies. A goat or rabbit shouldn't just be one leg or hide. An elk has several hundred pounds of meat. A horker looks a lot like a walrus. Walrus weigh like 1200 pounds don't they?

Name each animal, I've seen deer, elk, cariboo/reindeer, Irish elk (should be bigger: IRL- 12ft rack, 7ft at the shoulders), all called deer. How about herds? Reindeer/Cariboo, elk, muskox, all travel in herds. How about more than two wolves together. They hunt in packs you know.

My horse should be less agressive/non-aggressive.

OK, that's enough... :)

Whoa slow down there buddy, but I just want a simple mod..... One that makes people who swing left-handed feel comfortable and not singled out. I'm talking about the choice to wield the 2h like I'm a right-handed batter or left-handed batter. IRL I swing left-handed but I'm right handed..... And also for true left-handed ppls give them the choice to wield bows in their right hands and also shields in their right hands. Like really bethesda ? I''m sure theres a couple ppl working there that are left handed...... fight for your rights..... !

But yeah if anybody could make a left handed hold two handed weapons mod I would be forever in debt (as well would my role playing experience)

Thanks for reading. =D

My Dream Mod:

A playable Dragon race, where the player starts of as a baby dragon, just hatched from it's egg. It starts off alone somewhere up in the mountains, supposedly the last of its kind, but as it fights and gains experience, it grows up to eventually become an Ancient Dragon, much larger compared to the ones we see in Skyrim. Along the way, guest appearances of Akotosh and many other gods and heroes are introduced.

The mod would be like Hoard (Playstation network Dragon game), I of the Dragon, and Istaria all wrapped into one, with the occasional thief trying to steal your gold that you hoard in your cave or the occasional party of adventurers that come to try and slay you, if you harass any nearby villages.

Lots of dynamic stuff would be included, like adding hunger which requires the Dragon to hunt for a meal, unless it's an Elder Dragon, in which magic could be used to bring the meal to it :tongue:, also kidnapping princesses effecting how a town my fear or revile you. Or perhaps they rejoice at your presence if you protect them from the occasional bandit/monster raid.

The towns that are open and don't require loading would also change and advance if the buildings are not destroyed, adding more archers and defenses as time progresses till they're the size of Skryim's larger indoor cities. They could be destroyed again though, allowing you to collect more treasure for yourself.

Thanks for creating this thread. :happy:

Edited by Aedred

Name ONLY 1 of your dream mod here, who know, maybe they will be available right after you post it ;)

My dream mod is a Dragonlance Mod for Krynn ... the Chronicles Adventures. Dragonriders. Dragonlances. Draconians. Bupu. Must have.

Here is my full post detailing it more thoroughly:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/496902-dragonlance-chronicles-mega-mod/

KRYNN MUST RISE AGAIN!

Hm i think it would be cool if the clothing/armor system of Morrowind could be modded for Skyrim, wearing pants, shirts and gloves below the armor. That allowed the wearing of much more enchanted items for the char.

Also different qualities of cloth for different clothing qualities. At armors there are different ore types..so why not add the same for clothings?

Edited by Simpson3k

Hm i think it would be cool if the clothing/armor system of Morrowind could be modded for Skyrim, wearing pants, shirts and gloves below the armor. That allowed the wearing of much more enchanted items for the char.

Also different qualities of cloth for different clothing qualities. At armors there are different ore types..so why not add the same for clothings?

I like your idea a lot because it stimulated me to think of an addition which would work well with that .... what if your clothing items you wore underneath your armor would somehow modify your status, so as you can afford finer and finer undergarments, shirts, and such, you receive bonuses to your tradecraft and speechcraft, as if by becoming a finer, richer, man ... people respect you more, because you respect yourself more, which feeds into your confidence, and then is perceived in your audience. Which ... sort of how it really is anyway. If you combined this mod's changes to my idea for a Inventory Replacement system ... then you'd be able to see the clothing on your character by clicking a "view clothing layer" by holding down a button that would reveal that layer under your armor, and when you let go, you'd see your armor again. And if the system also allowed your combined pieces to stack (not powers or stat bonuses or skill increases, just your self respect modifier increasing your trade and speechcraft bonuses!) then as you acquired finer and finer body-jewelry (these fine clothes), people in town might either A) become insanely jealous and hate you more to see such a wealthy man parading around before them ... or B) fawn over your opulance and remark how wonderful your armor and clothing is, how fine a gentleman you are .... even as you theif types steal the less-than-fine shirts off their backs so you can afford to buy even finer clothing and armor ... hahaha..

I always hated how Oblivion didn't allow you to wear two layers of clothes, cloth and undergarments and then armour over top. I'd also like to see these changes come to Skryim! Thanks!

Whoa slow down there buddy, but I just want a simple mod..... One that makes people who swing left-handed feel comfortable and not singled out. I'm talking about the choice to wield the 2h like I'm a right-handed batter or left-handed batter. IRL I swing left-handed but I'm right handed..... And also for true left-handed ppls give them the choice to wield bows in their right hands and also shields in their right hands. Like really bethesda ? I''m sure theres a couple ppl working there that are left handed...... fight for your rights..... !

But yeah if anybody could make a left handed hold two handed weapons mod I would be forever in debt (as well would my role playing experience)

Thanks for reading. =D

That's not one mod. That's all the things I would like options for.

Changing to left-hand stance should be easy. Even if the animations are Mocap, the computer should be able to reverse the rig.

Wait for CK....it oughta be good.

I second (or is that third?) the clothing mods.

You would think that after five years a sequel would be three or four steps more advanced than its predecessor.

Granted, seeing Solitude from a bit east of Markath or Windhelm from the waterfall west of Riften is amazing.

But the NPCs meshes look to be half the number of polys of Oblivion.

I guess that's what you get when you port a console game from a six year old console.