Construction Set for Skyrim, where is it?

Hannibalektr

Well, Tuesday is going to be really inconvient for me, as is

The whole week and to a lesser extent several of the following weeks.

A lot of college and graduate students are going back to school within these weeks at the end of school, and while many have full time jobs over the break, many have only part time or no off school jobs at all, meaning a sizable portion of the modding community will have their free time cut in half.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it really change this much if it came out tomorrow? It's just one weekend forward :P Though I still agree that the sooner the better, don't get me wrong :psyduck:

I'm sorry, tomorrow's not going to work for me. I'm having an arrow removed from my knee.

-so sorry...could....not....resist.

-MM

All I can say is my "Mood" stat will go up +1 when it releases....maybe even +2. :)

Instant Gratificaion, by the way, works both way. The longer it takes Beth to release the CK, the lower the number of new modders will be; Many potential modders have probably forgotten about Skyrim in the time since release; I admit I myself pretty much shelved Skyrim until recently when I heard Bethesda had confirmed the CK for the end of January. Now if time has helped Beth iron out the game breaking bugs that plagued past APIs, that loss will be well worth it, but let's be honest: Bethesda is one of the worst AAA developers when it comes to bugs, partially because of how much they cling to the gamebryo engine (of which the Creation Engine is a modified version.). I'll be happy if there's only one or two parts of the CK are unusable on release.

Instant Gratificaion, by the way, works both way. The longer it takes Beth to release the CK, the lower the number of new modders will be; Many potential modders have probably forgotten about Skyrim in the time since release; I admit I myself pretty much shelved Skyrim until recently when I heard Bethesda had confirmed the CK for the end of January. Now if time has helped Beth iron out the game breaking bugs that plagued past APIs, that loss will be well worth it, but let's be honest: Bethesda is one of the worst AAA developers when it comes to bugs, partially because of how much they cling to the gamebryo engine (of which the Creation Engine is a modified version.). I'll be happy if there's only one or two parts of the CK are unusable on release.

You make it sound like the game has been out for several years; in reality it has been just under 3 months since it's release. If we've lost a large number of potential modders in that short period of time then I'd wager that such impatience is indicative of a lack of dedication to the game and thus whatever fleeting trinkets of instant gratification they might have produced will not be missed anyway.

as soon as bethesda and steam secure their deal and steam has successfully damaged the free modding community we will indeed have the ck

This just proves my point. :laugh:

You make it sound like the game has been out for several years; in reality it has been just under 3 months since it's release. If we've lost a large number of potential modders in that short period of time then I'd wager that such impatience is indicative of a lack of dedication to the game and thus whatever fleeting trinkets of instant gratification they might have produced will not be missed anyway.

Well put. IIRC, GECK for NV was 6 mos after release or was that FO3? I know that both were after.

Not directed at any one person...but I must be some special user because in the 528+ hours across 4 different characters, I have experienced literally 4 bugs, all of which I was able to either fix or work around. Oh and I have yet to have the game crash, at all, ever. Can't say that for any other modern Fallout or TES games, so to me this game is relatively bug free. :thumbsup:

It is said that it has been confirmed that the CK will come out with patch 1.4 (though independently). And that it should be out on Tuesday.

Don't bite my head off if that won't be true, but I found this info laying around Bethesda's forums so it should be quite legit :P

There are two twitters that bring some info.

1) Final v1.4 and CK is separate releases, but will be released at same time. (from Bethesda Game Studio Developers-account)

http://twitter.com/#!/BGS_Devs/status/162572496518918145

2) The final v1.4 wont be this week. (from Bethesda blog-account)

http://twitter.com/#!/Bethblog/status/162581558849572864

Found these two on the official forums, thanks to those who posted.

Edited by MrBuio