Retexturing warpaint scale?

P3X228

Okay so here is my problem, i want to change the war paint of a race, but the default is 256x256, so i wanted to make it a bit bigger resizing it to 512x512.

But it doesn't seem to change once i get ingame

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7784/66402379.jpg

I have spent all day searching for high-def texturing tutorials, but so far it seems that they just did what i did, and maybe that facial assets like war paint would need some other method?

I don't get it.... what doesn't change in game? looks like you texture is displaying in game to me... :unsure:

If you look closely, it is still the low resolution version, details are drastically lost. Can barely see the "Hello" let alone some of the small details

It's possible that the overlay meshes alpha flag has a threshold of 128... I don't think that would be it entirely, as that should harden the edges, not blur them , but it does strip the alpha range, which be something to try, you could change them to 0 and see...

Hmm, well I think you might want to try 1024 or 2048 to see details like that. I agree that 256 is atrocious, but 512 isn't much better, namely if we were to assume the graphic is being stretched to fit different faces.

Hmm, well I think you might want to try 1024 or 2048 to see details like that. I agree that 256 is atrocious, but 512 isn't much better, namely if we were to assume the graphic is being stretched to fit different faces.

I tried 1024s and, P23X..%^?? .. er, is correct in his observation. There is some sort of downscaling, filter, blur on the warpaint.