Why does everybody hate console players?

Igetbabes

Actually i don't care about graphism ( well of course i like beautiful game but it's not an important point ) .

Some games like The last mario on wii are completely outdated In graphism since 5 years but They don't care and it's a great game .

The point of console is that they are Easier to use than a computer and less expensive .

Some people may think that everyone know how to use a computer well , i believe they are wrong , maybe because i live in andora and i believe american are more in informatic than we do but My parents and most people that are 35 years old or more don't know how to use a computer well here . A lot of people of my ages are bad with computer to and play skyrim on Console and when they see me using Mod they are jealous . they are always a lot of problem with computer , Bugs , Uncompatibility , you know what i mean .

Unless you are a pirate and burn//use emulator ( THis is legal here but you can't sell burned games ) you can't play a lot of games that are just on console so i have to buy them anyway but i think the best platform is the pc .

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, we got enough to hate on. We then need somebody to blame. You could say "The developers!", at which I would reply: "The Developer wants profit. Profit comes from doing what the masses want. That is console." --> I blame the people.

You can't have a deep game within a console. Really, button mashing and streamlined gaming is what we get from that.

I blame the Pirates because it is making it harder for games developers to make money from PC games, thats why we have Steam now and even tht didn't work properly. Apparently its getting pretty bad just hope it doesn't get to the point where they just cut out the PC entirely.

I don't know if this was already said in this topic, but if you're playing on a console, why would you be on these forums? The only way it would make sense for a console player to be on these forums is if they initially tried to play Skyrim on their PC, but figured out they couldn't run it, so they bought it for their console instead.

1) I played Oblivion on xbox, until I bought it on PC and this site has the best forums for game info.

2) You can also use mods on the xbox now, last year microsoft updated so you can use USB sticks, so you can put an xbox save game onto the PC. My partner fixed my xbox Abomb bug this way.

I blame the Pirates because it is making it harder for games developers to make money from PC games, thats why we have Steam now and even tht didn't work properly. Apparently its getting pretty bad just hope it doesn't get to the point where they just cut out the PC entirely.

That's just one of the many excuses being used by the industry. The truth is, it's easier to develop for the console, since there are only three hardware configurations to consider. And since the console is often used by a younger audience, they're easier to satisfy as long as you include enough crash/boom/bang material. Also there's more money to be made, since the console industry was very successful in their campaign to present their products as trendy and a must have for every welf respecting kid. Peer pressure does the same wonders as with the mobile phones and certain fashion brands.

Pitrates crack the console versions just as easily as the PC versions. Truth is, every copy protection so far is useless. It's only there for legal reasons, since unprotected files would be open for legal debate.

That's just one of the many excuses being used by the industry. The truth is, it's easier to develop for the console, since there are only three hardware configurations to consider. And since the console is often used by a younger audience, they're easier to satisfy as long as you include enough crash/boom/bang material. Also there's more money to be made, since the console industry was very successful in their campaign to present their products as trendy and a must have for every welf respecting kid. Peer pressure does the same wonders as with the mobile phones and certain fashion brands.

Pitrates crack the console versions just as easily as the PC versions. Truth is, every copy protection so far is useless. It's only there for legal reasons, since unprotected files would be open for legal debate.

I don't know much about the other reasons to be honest this was just something I heard or read about once, but I imagine it must be easier to pirate PC games over Xbox ones? I am no expert though, I confess.

Either way I guess streaming games in a pay to play kind of way might become the future of the PC gaming, not good.

Haha I've actually never asked that before, all I do is just play the game like it's suppossed to be played

Ah, yes, THAT is another thing, but I kind of agree with you, I only use mods that change the game a WHOLE lot AFTER finishing the game a few times, the only mods I use before beating the game a few times are killable children and other immersion enhancing things.

Killable Children .... lookout Braith you little demon child!

Either way I guess streaming games in a pay to play kind of way might become the future of the PC gaming, not good.

Not for a long time, since they would lose out on a great deal of money as long as broadband isn't the worldwide standard - rural aereas included.

I think I will have to start a new thread "Why do all the young folks think that people over 35 don't know how to use a computer?" I'm 50 and I do, actually we were the first generation to really use them a lot in the working environment. I find a PC much easier to use than a console - the controller doesn't suit my arthritic hands.

So it is the consolisation of PC games that we hate, not console gamers.

I'm 50 and I do, actually we were the first generation to really use them a lot in the working environment. I find a PC much easier to use than a console - the controller doesn't suit my arthritic hands.

So it is the consolisation of PC games that we hate, not console gamers.

Being the same age group, my experiences are the same. Started to use them in 1982 and by 1990 I learned to build my own rigs. I haven't touched a console since 1975 and then it was to play pong. And I wouldn't touch any console since the vanilla versions of games aren't that exciting anyway. And that's all you get with that stuff.

Edited by abaris

Not for a long time, since they would lose out on a great deal of money as long as broadband isn't the worldwide standard - rural aereas included.

Ahh too true! Good.